Freak Show | Teen Ink

Freak Show

December 13, 2016
By ProjectLYNE SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
ProjectLYNE SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

F??????????????r??????????????e???????a??????????k??????????? ?????????S?????????????h???????????????o????????????????w??????

 


“Come one, Come all! Tonight we’ll be showing!”


“The sad fate that some of this world carry!”


“Children that god has abandoned, restlessly creeping out!”


“Children who can’t even carry the trembling limbs they were born with!”


“Their shaking tounges even accidently cry out!”


“The crowns of their head that caress the dark clouds!”


“They smile as they dream of their mother’s embrace!”


“Ooh, the deformity!”


DEFORMITY!’


“Drop by and see him!”


“Drop by and see him!”


“It’s full of wonders at the Dead Woods Circus!!”


Strolling by the sidewalk a young girl, Mei, about the age of 9, stopped by in amusement by the two children with the flyers. There was something odd about them. They shared two heads, two necks, one body, two arms and two legs and where their shoulders are visible, they are leaked with a few scars.


“You two or...one look awfully strange,”whispered the young girl.


“Haha! Of course we do! We are freaks!” said the boy in joy.


“If you come to our circus you can see us in action!” the girl followed through.


“My name is Rin,” stated the blonde girl handing out the flyer.


“My name is Len,” the blonde boy followed through.


“It will be a laugh!”
“If you come to our circus!”
the twins cried with joy finishing each other sentence.


“I will!” said the young girl agreeingly.


“OH MY! But you mustn't tell your parents!” Replied Rin


“She’s right! You can't let them know since it’s after dark,” followed Len.


“But when can I come to this circus?” asked Mei.


“You can come to our circus when the night is dead!” answered Rin


“That’s why it’s called the DEAD woods circus!” Len replied with a giggle.


As the young girl, Mei, skipped back to her home then ran to her room and screamed in excitement.


“My first time to a circus! This will be a very joyful event!”


As the streets grew dead as time passed by, the more excited Mei grew to be. A knock at her window startled her. She opened her curtain and in her sight she saw Rin and Len the children...or...child that gave her the flyer.


“Come on,” Rin whispered.


“It’s time for the circus!” replied Len.


Mei shut the curtains, grabbed the flyer and rushed out the door with her favorite red dress. And started to trot along the road with the “twins” into the forest. A trail appeared once they were deep into the woods. And followed the twins as they followed the trail.


¨There are other people in the tents just like us!” the two said stopping in the trail. They both looked around in the middle of the forest.


“We can't tell anyone, but we don't like it here,¨ whispered Rin. Toning more quietly, “ No one doesn't like it here Rin,” Len interrupts glancing towards Mei,
“The other freaks are like us in different ways,¨


¨What do you mean?” questioned Mei in confusion.


Rin looked around again, “You see in the very first practice tent, the color of teal, is a girl with teal blue hair She was never sad, always had a smile on her face everywhere she went. Her family was greatly wealthy, she had the voice of an angel, and her parents loved her. Everyone loved her… until she heard of the circus. Instead of giving her a show, she became the show. The poor girl was experimented on by removing her legs she was born with and adding the goat’s legs. And spent the rest of her life decaying and becoming entertainment to the public. Nobody could remember her since her face was drowned in sorrow. “The Deformed Diva” would cry in her sleep everyday. She would cry wanting to die. To get rid of her agony.¨


“Then next to her tent is a dark blue tent. In that tent is a boy that was raised in a poor family. But they loved him. He searched the streets for food for him and his mother. But when he went to the circus they experimented on him gave him different drug prescriptions. And injected him with liquids nobody knows about. But all those injections and drugs made him insane. He lost his sanity! He ends up becoming a show because the drugs made him live off eating his own kind. He would only eat raw because he loves the taste of the blood spiraling against his tastebuds. He was a monster. The Blue Beast was his freak name. But no body was never able to know who he was even if they went to a town that knew him,” Len replied.


“The chairman! He’s really tall! And I mean really Tall! Taller than Lily and Haru!” Rin shouted but still quiet.


“And the cool part is that he's 10 feet tall!” Len replied.


“Well, what about you two. You said they were the same as you...correct?” Mei asked.


The twins looked at each other in a worried way. Pondering if they should tell her their story.


“Well you see, we lived in an average family. The two of us weren't acknowledged as much as the other kids. Our father was an alcoholic and our mother would work many jobs to support the family until she couldn’t, and blamed it all on us. So we both decided to run away,” Len replied stuttering to tell the rest.
“We would live on the streets for a couple of weeks until we visited the circus. But we were tricked into joining the freaks, to live. And the chairman agreed to “fix” us and our lives. But he tortured us and made us conjoined. Took one arm and one leg and was able to conjoin the shoulders together. Then the torso and conjoined the sides of each other and made adjustments to from the rest of our bones and bodies. That’s why we are leaked in scars,” Rin filled in without hesitation.


“Anyways let's get back to walking shall we! We can't keep the others practicing all day!” Len announced worrisome.


The twins and Mei began to up their step and walked along the tan bricked pavement as if nothing happened.


“We are almost there!” announced Rin.


“the circus is up ahead!” Len replied.


A mysterious tune being sung by two strange people. Taller than the trees! A long beautiful yellow dress and a dark grey tuxedo worn by the partner.


“Da~ dada da~ dada da~ dada da~dada,” hummed the tall person in the tuxedo.


“ My what a wonderful tune for our practice Haru,” credited the lady in yellow.


“Yes, better for when we are called for the show, milady,” accounted Haru, the girl with the dark tux.


As they turned to greet the one with two heads they spotted Mei. She stopped to face them but they were odd… very odd yet it seemed so fun! She stood in awe as the two hovered over her like trees.


“Hello! Welcome to our circus!” applauded Lily.


“We hope you have a wonderful time here at the circus!” asserted Haru.


“Y-yes.” stuttered Mei.


“ But make sure you don't get caught by the chairman,”  Lily breathly advised hovering over Mei.


“Y-yes,” Mei replied stuttering.


As the two moved on back to their dancing she lost sight of the twins. She began to search the tent around on the outside. She found hole big enough to see through with one eye. Peeking through the hole into the practice tent there was a cage. And in that cage was a girl with long, turquoise, silk-like hair. She stood up and reviled her “deformity.” “As beautiful as she seems she wasn’t born the way she is now. The girl with the silk hair stood up revealing her deformity. Her legs were goats legs. She was never sad, always had a smile on her face everywhere she went. Her family was greatly wealthy, she had the voice of an angel, and her parents loved her. Everyone loved her… until she heard of the circus. Instead of giving her a show, she became the show. The poor girl was experimented on by removing her legs she was born with and adding the goat’s legs. And spent the rest of her life decaying and becoming entertainment to the public. Nobody could remember her since her face was drowned in sorrow. The Deformed Diva would cry in her sleep everyday. She would cry wanting to die. To get rid of her agony,”  Mei quickly turned away remembering what the twins said and continue to search the tents again.


She stumbled across another hole. But it was different. She saw a room. And in that room was a boy about the same age as Mei. Hair with the color of the midnight sky in a chair, with chains and a straight jacket. And… he was eating something… it was a bit dark and hard to see since there was hardly any light.”There was nothing wrong with him before he came to the circus. He was raised in a poor family. But they loved him. He searched the streets for food for him and his mother. But when he went to the circus they experimented on him gave him different drug prescriptions. And injected him with liquids nobody knows about. But all those injections and drugs made him insane. He becomes a show because the drugs made him live off eating his own kind. He would only eat raw because he loves the taste of the blood spiraling against his tastebuds. He was a monster. The Blue Beast was his freak name. But no body was never able to know who he was even if they went to a town that knew him,” As Mei saw what he was, her stomach twisted almost wringing itself out from what he can eat.


The One With Two Heads were never really like that either. There was no misbirth for the two to be conjoined. ”We lived in an average family. The two us weren't acknowledged as much as the other kids. Our father was an alcoholic and our mother would work many jobs to support the family until she couldn’t, and blamed it all on us. So we both decided to run away. We would live on the streets for a couple of weeks until we visited the circus. But we were tricked into joining the freaks, to live. And the chairman agreed to “fix” us and our lives. But he tortured us and made us conjoined. Took one arm and one leg and was able to conjoin the shoulders together. Then the torso and conjoined the sides of each other and made adjustments to from the rest of our bones and bodies,” Mei shook her head trying to forget what the two said and continued on. She went back where she started and decided to look through the hole where the Deformed Diva is at. And she spotted Rin and Len. And heard the three talk over something.


“It’s painful, it’s painful!”  The Deformed Diva cried out as The One With Two Heads reached for her. And their hand brushing against her silk-like hair.


“It’s painful, and it can’t be helped,”  claimed Len, knowing the troubles for the chairman.


“I want to die! Want to die!”  she cried out as a waterfall of acid poured onto her, as a punishment. And left the three overwhelmed in sadness. Mei pondered on why the acid fell and why such a pretty girl with an angelic voice can speak of something bold with such a soft voice like a rose petal.


“She said it. But still we continue this circus,”  he replied heavy heartedly.


As Mei was in shock about what happened, she saw a shadow reflecting from the mid-toned practice tent towering over her and spotted the chairman ten feet tall stopping in her place turned to gaze but was caught in a daze. Then taken by the chairman as a replacement for The Deformed Diva and continues the circus until the next comes.

 


“Come one, Come all! Tonight we’ll be showing! The sad fate that some of this world carry! Children that god has abandoned, restlessly creeping out! Children who can’t even carry the trembling limbs they were born with! Their shaking tounges even accidently cry out! The crowns of their head that caress the dark clouds! They smile as they dream of their mother’s embrace!”


‘Ooh, the deformity! DEFORMITY!’


“Drop by and see him! Drop by and see him!”


“It’s full of wonders at the Dead Woods Circus!!”
shouted the young girl wearing the ravishing red dress.