False Reality | Teen Ink

False Reality

By OkieSok BRONZE, Lafayette , Colorado
OkieSok BRONZE, Lafayette , Colorado

She was flying. She was flying over a big empty field, over these green hills. They went on for eternity. It was starting to get dark. She went to the top of the biggest hill to watch the sunset. It is exact the same sunset from yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that. It has always been that way for as long as she can remember. She wonders how long it has all been like this. It has been so long, she forgot her own name. This is the only thing she has ever known. The sun has finally set. She was ready to leave and sleep until the next day. She flew back to her room. She had been thinking about how life was before this. It was a long time ago. All she can remember is her dad, and how great he was. She remembers playing with him. Sleeping and eating with him. Doing everything with him. Always being with him. But now she is alone. She drifted into a deep sleep, thinking about her dad and life with him. And what happened to him and why she is here. She wanted to know.

She was at a park, in a sandbox. She looks around, looking for someone, anyone. She started to wander around the park looking. And then she sees someone on a bench, watching her. It's her dad! She runs as fast as she can to him. As she gets to him, he disappears. She is now in her old house, in her old bed. She gets up to look for him again. She remembers the house and where everything is. Her dad is in his office, working on something. She peeks her head in. She remembers him building something. He was on his computer. He gets up, and she runs to go hide. He leaves and disappears down the hallway. She always wondered what he was doing in there. She walked in and sat down at his computer. His tabs and research were still up. This was her chance to get answers.
“What are you still doing up?” A voice from behind her said. She turned around as fast as she could, she knew who it was.
“Dad!” She said. She ran to hug him. He picked her up and gave her a hug. She has never been so happy in her life.
“Dad i'm so happy to see that you are real!” She said.
“Well i'm always here for you my little girl, time for you to go back to bed.” He said.
“But dad before i do that i need to know something.” She said.
“Okay, what do you want to know?” He asked.
“What is happening, and what are you building?” She asked.
“I guess it is time I finally tell you. Sit down, I have a story to tell you.” He said.
“Okay i’m ready” She said.
“Pretty soon the earth will no longer be able to support life, so we are the only people in the whole city. Everyone is going to nearby shelters to survive but they won't be able to for very long. So I am building a ship to send you to space and survive. You will be in a simulation in your mind. And I will send you into space to live.” He explained.
“But what about you dad? Are you not coming with me?” She said with tears running down her face.
“I don't have enough time to do that but if I could I would.” He said
“But dad you can't do this to me! I want to be with you forever and ever!” She said with her voice trembling.
“I'm so sorry…” He said on the brink of crying. Everything started to change in the room. She is waking up from dreaming. Everything started to to float away in the air. There was no longer a roof to the room. She began to float away in the air.
“Goodbye my daughter, Rin” He said while crying.
“Dad, don't let me go!” She said. He was trying with all of his might to keep his daughter in his arm. But He started to disappear again.
“DAD!” She screamed. But it was too late. He was gone and she was flying up. She awoke. She was crying.
“No.” She said, sobbing. She knows what is happening. She knows her name. Her dad might still be alive. She now needs to find a way out of this false reality.