Outsiders | Teen Ink

Outsiders

December 9, 2016
By Bellagrust9696 BRONZE, Rancho Santa Fe, California
Bellagrust9696 BRONZE, Rancho Santa Fe, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Today it is 3016 and nothing has changed, the world is plain. The world is a boring place and there is nothing to do. There is no happiness or laughter. The government lately has been very distance from the world. I wonder what they have planned now for the world.
“Becca come eat breakfast.” mother shouted.
“Yes, mother.” The government is a mean group of people and my whole family agrees with me.
But, if they heard that I said that I could be penalized. The government does not care about anyone and only wants to make this world more miserable.
“Becca breakfast now!” she exclaimed
“Yes, mother.” I ran down in a hurry.
     “Mom, why does the government have to be so horrible?” 
“Honey… I sure that the government… would not like that… you should not say that.” At that time I thought about what the world was like centuries ago and why I had to live during this time…
I remembered the day that everything went down. It was a dark gloomy day and nothing was going to be the same. That day it was a normal everything until the society took over and wanted to have power over everyone. There was so much shouting that and screaming that day. Everyone was being transformed and controlled by the government. The society was somehow used vents around the city and but some type of poison in the air, and I was not going to let this happen to me I had to get out of there. Many people after that day were not the same and even my family was transformed.
“Don’t forget your lunch for school.” Mother said. When I see my mother I can tell she is different and nothing will be the same with her again. The government does not know that I have not been transformed.
Most people at school are transformed and that includes my friends. It is hard to think that I am not really talking to my real friends. When I talk to my friends it is like talking to a wall, a blank wall.

 


“Hey, Becca,” Tris said. She was my best friend and luckily she was not transformed. Both of us hate the society and want to figure out what their next plan is.
“Hey, Tris,” I replied back
“Ready to go to recreation class one” Tris replied. As we were walking to class we saw Jeff getting put away in the official's car. When you see that you know that something is wrong. Jeff was a very quiet person and kept everything to himself. He was like Tris and I because he is an “outsiders” meaning he escaped the poison. The society thinks that everyone was transformed. If they find out that there are people who aren't transformed, well, we are just about good as dead.
No one knows that Tris and I are “outsiders” it is hard because you are not like everyone else. In my mind, I did not want to believe that the society was taking Jeff away because he was an outsider. It almost made me gag because I knew that could've been me. One the society takes them away you never see them come back, who knows what they are going to do with him…
Today I was going to find out what the society was going to do and what their plan was to control us. Tris and I were going to take a trip to The Halls.
“SHHHH,” I said angrily to Tris. “They are going to hear us.” At this time I was trying to figure out my way to the head of the societies of office.
“There's someone coming!” Tris said frantically.
“RUN,” I shouted. Lucky the official did not see us or my whole plan would have gone down hill. We were walking through the City Hall very carefully because we knew that this was a dangerous place. We were at the end of the hall and I knew that this had to be his office.
     “Wait I hear something” I gave Tris a sign to be quiet. 
“We have to get this done or someone will find out” a man with a deep voiced, said and sounded frustrated.
“Are the vents open and ready for the poison?” he said.
“Yes, sir they are ready and can be launched Wednesday.” As I heard all of this I did not know what to think. I had to do something or this could be the end. I needed to find the poison and what was in it. I ran to every office to see if where they were hiding the poison.
Finally, I saw a glare in the window and knew that this could be the room. I ran a quickly as I could.
“What the door is locked.” 
“Oh, no, no. This can’t be happening” I saw in the window the yellow terrifying poison stirring a huge pot.
    “What are they going to do to us,” tris said to me in tears. I had to come up with a plan. Nothing possible could be worse we knew that they were going to use this against us and it was not going to be good.
    “Ring, Ring, Ring,” the bells rang. I did not want to go to class. Tris and I had our first class together and it was a bad one. It was hard to stay focused in class because every day I think about that day over and over.
     “Ok… students please pull out your binders for world society.” Mrs. Becky said in a robotic voice. All of our teachers were not really and what I mean by this was they were robots that were very different. It was not the best because they really did not have feelings. The class was like anything else and very boring…
“MOM, MOM we have to leave now,” I shouted harshly.
“What, what is going on I’m not sure what is happening.”
“The government is happening and they have planned something, that is not going to be good. We have to get to high ground and we do not have that much time.”
“Sweety, you can’t be serious the government would not do such thing.”
“Mother I am trying to protect us and I can explain later. We have to get going or it will be too late.” I knew that the government was going to take over the citizens.
“Becca, Becca hello,” Tris was trying to get my attention class is over.”
“What I blanked out again?” I think about that day a lot and it has been causing me lately to black out. It’s hard to live in a world where there is no one you can talk to. It’s hard to not be able to talk to your own mother. I know that there are people like me but we have to live in fear. It comes back to me the thoughts of Jeff and how that would've easily been Tris and I. I knew that we were never going to see Jeff again. I wondered how long I could be an outsider no one knew that they were many of us and I wanted to know who they were because I need more, I wanted to talk to someone who could understand me. When was I going to stop think about that day when was all of this going to be over. I wanted all of this to go away…
It was the next morning, Tuesday and we were 24 hours till the transformation. There was nothing more I was worried about.
“Mom, we have to go there is not that much time.”
“This is just nonsense. You are over reacting.”
“Are u serious mother you can’t be saying this,” I said shockingly.
“There is no reason to be doing this, I think that we are going to be just fine here.”
“Wait you don’t believe me, so does this means that you are not coming.”
“I can’t just leave, I have to stay I’m staying,” she said firmly. I did not know what to say, and I thought that I was dreaming. Why was this happening to me? I just wanted all of this to be over.
“Ok, I guess this is good bye for now” as my eyes started to water…  The sky was becoming darker and the day was coming to an end. Tris and I had to hike the top of Baker Hill to be safe from the transformation. All I was think about my mother and how just left her there. What was going to happen to her? Dawn was starting to break and today was the day. The first hour went by, then five hours passed and nothing had happened.
“I am going to go get more firewood” I shouted to Tris
“Ok, I’ll stay here.” I wondered how long I had to stay here?
“Becca, Becca you need to see this.” I knew that this was not going to be good. I ran down the hill in a hurry and jumped to where we were staying and saw…
As I was heading over to recreation class two which was the active time I noticed that officials were searching Mrs. Becky's classroom. Thoughts came rushing through my head what are they doing here? Were they looking for me and Tris.
“Tris look the officials are here”
“Oh, no this can’t be good”
“C’mon we let’s go to the bridge.” We walked quickly so they could not see us. We made it so the bridge but there were some questions I was asking myself. What do they want from us? The society never wants to stop, they always are wanting to ruin our lives.
“That was a close one,” I said as I was trying to gasp for air.
“How long do you this we can hide from being an outsider?” Tris asked me. 
“Long enough, we are going to be just fine.”
“What is it, what is it?”
“Look, Look, oh my.”
Orange clouds covered the skies and the town was begging covered. We new that today was the day and the transformation was happening. We heard the screams and the shouts, but there was nothing we could do. We new that are families were being transformed and from this day on our lives were going to be different. I pulled out my telerobot and dialed my house I needed to know what happened.  Someone up the home telerobot, a very manly voice picked up and replied and said,
“It’s already been done.”