The Invasion | Teen Ink

The Invasion

It starts out a as a quiet night in a small town in East Texas. Jose is driving home from a long day on the farm. On his way he stops because he sees a bright light in the sky. “Que es esto?” says Jose. All of a sudden a streak of light zooms past right above Jose’s truck. It shakes the truck and all the lights around him go out.

In a panic he drives as fast as he can to the police station to see Sheriff Carl. “Extranjeros! Extranjeros!”, screams Jose.
“Your speaking Spanish again Jose.” said Carl.
“Sorry sir, what i was trying to say is that on my way back from the farm today i saw aliens! They flew right over me!” Jose screamed.
“Aliens? You're crazy.” said Carl, as he looked at Jose with an annoyed face. “It's true sir i swear!” said Jose.
“Now listen here. You go on home and don't be scaring people with your crazy alien nonsense.” exclaimed Carl.
“Okay.” said Jose as he walked away in a very sad mood.

The next morning Jose walks over to his neighbor Jim’s farm. Jim is an old farmer who doesn't really care too much for visitors, but for some reason has taken a liking to Jose. “You home Jim?” Jose asks as he knocks on the door.
“Are you the Feds?” asked Jim.
“Of course not you old rat. Its me Jose. What would the Feds want to do with ur old behind anyway?” says Jose.
“Cuz i know what they're up too.” said Jim “Come on in. Did u see the meteor shower last night?”
“That wasn't no meteor shower.” said Jose. “That was aliens.”
“Aliens huh?” Asked Jim. “I knew this day would come.”
“What do you mean?” Asked Jose.
Right as Jim was about to tell Jose what he was talking about Sheriff Carl bursts through the door.
“Jose! There you are! You were right! They’re coming! In fact there already here!”
“What are you talking about?” asked Jose.
“Come here i'll show you.” said Carl.

As the three of them walk outside all they can see is huge alien ships surrounding the town. “I know what to do.” says Jim. Jose and Carl look at him puzzled. “Come with me i'll show you.”

So Carl and Jose follow Jim back to his barn. As Jim opened the barn doors they were amazed by what they saw. Jim had guns as far as the eye could see. “Pick your poison.” said Jim. so they all loaded up and headed to town.

After fighting for several days the town eventually wore down the aliens and defeated them all. As the town lay in ruins Jim looks at the Carl and Jose and says, “Bet ya they won't try that again.”