Brave and Nobel Warrior Princess | Teen Ink

Brave and Nobel Warrior Princess

December 2, 2016
By daisymora BRONZE, East Palo Alto, California
daisymora BRONZE, East Palo Alto, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

            I am now the leader of the rebels. My heart was full of fire as I was going to give the rebels the plan. I was about to tell them that I don’t care if we get Angelina dead or alive but I caught a glimpse of the blue features on his face and it soothed my aching heart . “We have to get the blue crystal 2aas,it holds the memories of the people of  Light of Esperanca.” I spoke clear and loud to the crowd in front of me. They all nodded their heads but they knew me too well to understand that I was hurting.  They know since my dad just died that I am officially an orphan. I could see all of their comforting words in their eyes. I nodded to show them I was ok. “It holds memories of the old reality in them. We learn history for many reasons and even though it is 3025 those memories are important. We need to stop her.” That's when the  purple smoke came.
1 month later
I have been trying to think of things my mom and I have done before this month but I can’t.  I’m at the door and it is dead silent inside. Something is wrong. I open the door  and  everything is fine but it takes me about two seconds to notice the shoes and clothes on the stairs. Wow we’re a mess but I know we're not because my mom is a control freak. I start yelling “Mom”! I can hear my heartbeat in my ears as I walk into her room. I see the shattered glass and my hand start to shake when I stand in front of it.
If I wasn’t paying attention I would see my brown eyes staring back and my brown hair now out of place but I am paying attention. Instead I see a blurry mirror that is broken and has blood splattered all over it. My eyelids go down  so I can only see darkness. I lean forward in my crisscross position to rest my head on the floor.  Mom where are you. My face has become a waterfall and I can’t stop the water from rushing out. It feels like forever but at some point when I wasn’t paying attention I stopped. I stand up slowly now full of anger. Mom I’m sorry I wasn’t there to help. Whoever took you is a monster. I swear I will hunt them down and make there life a living hell. I will be their worst nightmare. I promise. I see a picture of my mom and I in the mirror. I turn around and grab it.“ We don’t look anything alike so please don’t be gone. I want more than a paper version of you.”    For about five minutes I try to think of a memory of us together again but nothing pops out. Then I see  something I had never noticed before. There is a red piece of paper covering my head. It says July 14,3025 on it. That is 3 days away.My birthday is on the 17th so maybe it was a reminder of something related to that. I hope not because I really don’t want anything. It will be my  9th birthday without my dad and for some reason I feel like it’s the first .  I will not spend it without  my mom. The red paper also has three address written in white,red,and blue  on the right corner.Anchor ave.3572,Lokl Dr. 2390,and Darnell st. 2857 CA.  I wiped my eyes  caught by the third address and  I bolted down the stairs. I am so scared. Remember you are Emlyn Isolde.  I close the door as I go outside and  run down the stairs. For a second I don’t think my feet are touching the floor until I grab the doorknob to open the door and I see my feet as I go down the steps. I hadn’t noticed I was still looking at my shoes until I look up and saw blue eyes that struck the core of my heart and sent a magic feeling down my spine.  I feel like I quickly entered a dream and just as fast I was out of it when we both fell to the floor. “Sorry I wasn’t paying attention,” I said.
“No that was my bad,”he said as he got up and stretched his hand out for mine.
“I’m Emlyn”
“Jason”
“It’s nice to meet you,” I said as I walked past him.
“Your bracelet”he said.
I stopped walking confused. “What”? I looked down at my right wrist and saw the black string bracelet with a red zigzag pattern across it.My  dad gave it to me. 
“Can I see it”
“Uhh I’ve never taken it off”, I responded. I don’t know why he was so interested in it. I don’t even know if my dad gave it to me. I remember he would wear a bracelet but I don’t remember what it looks like. I had a dream or it’s a blurry memory where he gave it to me .I just know I want to believe that it was his. One thing I know for sure is that for some reason I shouldn’t take it off. My mom has tried but she has always failed. I want to have something of his. The boy,Jason spoke breaking me out of my thoughts but I didn’t hear him.
“Sorry what?”I asked.
“Don’t take it off, but can I?
He was looking down at my hand and I felt  my face go warm. I gave  him my hand and when he touched me I immediately felt my heart drop and I tried to send a mental note to the butterflies  in my stomach Quit it.  I feel like I have felt this before.I looked at the floor the whole time he was examining my bracelet and turning my hand. When I looked up at him his eyes locked with mine and I realized how light my lungs felt like I had  been pulled out of the water and I didn’t have to take big gulps of air anymore. 
“You’re a rebel”
“A what?” I almost laughed.
He hadn’t hesitated when he said it so I could tell he believed everything he said and I wondered why.
“ Your bracelet has the rebel mark and your nose piercing is shaped like a star.
He read the look of confusion and he seemed sad. He said “Come with me” as he pulled me along.
“I can’t I’m looking for my mom.”
“Trust me”
“Trust you I don’t even know you” I snapped as I pulled away.
“ Yet you do trust me like you know I trust you, so please just come with me.”
He started walking and I followed. We walked in silence for about ten minutes until he stopped.
This big open space full of dead grass caught my attention.
“I feel like I’ve been here before”
“That’s because you have Emlyn, walk over to the barrel over there.”
I didn’t question it because I am fully aware of how crazy that sounds but I believed him. I walked towards the barrel and I could feel a rush of air following  like it was  guiding me. I looked to my left and was Jason standing there.
“What do I do know” I yelled across the cheering of the wind.
  “ Just walk behind the barrel.”
He walked past the barrel with me and now we were inches apart with the wind rushing past us. A whole bunch of memories with my mom came in and I recognized all of the lies she said.  I also got images of my dad. I looked down to see my bracelet glowing,that is when I heard him. Emlyn , I gave you this bracelet a along time ago so that if something ever happened to me I could tell you the truth. You are the destined leader of the rebels.  The woman who claims to be your mother is a liar. She works for the government. She has been planning to hurt you for years. I told Jason what to do a long time ago. He couldn’t tell you the truth or help you for at least a month because it would be to much to take in so early. I know you don’t understand anything but you will at the end of this message.  I’m sorry I’m not there to guide you. I love you my warrior princess. BEEEEEEEEEP. Tears were rushing down my face but I didn’t have time to wipe them because of the sharp noise I heard after the message. I immediately fell to my knees but the noise didn’t linger.  I remember.  The noise somehow got my memories back. I get up looking at Jason.
“My dad  didn’t die when I was seven ,he was murdered in front of me. Angelina, the women who claimed to be my mother killed him.It was his blood all over the mirror and that is why she never let me in the room. He was trying to get the crystal that has everyone's memories.”
“And you remember who the rebels are?”
“We are a group of people who remember the olde times. The rebels are my family.”
“That’s all you remember?”
“Yeah.”
“Oh.” I saw the look of disappointment and it got me even more excited to tell him the truth.
  “ And that I’m in love with you!”
I saw the automatic,heart stopping smile I subconsciously missed.
  “ You remember.”
“I won’t ever truly forget.”
  I fell in love with him without remembering him.
His laughter filled the atmosphere and it seemed to go for miles. Then he took two steps towards me. We are breathing the same air,our hearts are playing the same rhythm,our eyes are locked into each other and I can feel everything he feels.We are one.
   “Jason?”
   “Umm?”
  “Maybe the world will end one day,or the stars will fall out of the sky but I will never stop holding my breath for you.
“My heart will never stop racing for you”
“Come on, I know where Angelina's at.
“Where?”
“My dad’s house”
It was a long walk there but  I was so happy. I’m really glad that I was attracted to Jason without remembering him.
We arrived at my dad’s house. The old pink house I grew up in and loved. I walked in front of the window and saw a tall,red haired women standing inside with two other men.
“I’ve got Angelina and I see the crystal. ”
“Then I’ll get her besties”,he said in a smile.I couldn’t help but smile back
I stood in front of the door and kicked it as hard as I could. She jumped up in surprise and I had to try every hard not to laugh.
“Emlyn sweetheart what are you doing here” she said.
“Call me that again and you will drop to the floor faster than you can take your next breath.
“So you remember”
“ You killed my father and when you knew I would be on your ass ,you erased my memory”.
She smirked at me “Aren't you clever.”
“Clearly more than you.”
“Are you mad because I killed your daddy” It came out sounding like a bragging kid.”Are you going to try to kill me.”
“I fight full of love not hatred.”I t came out confident and cold. Perfect.
“Your dad used to say something similar and look where he’s at.” Then I swung my elbow and she fell to the floor.”That was because  I love my dad.”
“ All I wanted to do was rule the world,” She whined.
Jason had done the same with the others and he had finished putting handcuffs on them so he came and did the same on Angelina while I texted the government. They wouldn’t understand how the law was broken until I broke the crystal.  I sent it quickly and walked over to the crystal on the table . Looking over at Jason I lifted it over my head. He nodded and I threw it against the floor.We smiled. I got a text saying“On our way,the government.” I read aloud for Jason. We hugged each other. “We did it!”I cried .