"Chris and the Robots" | Teen Ink

"Chris and the Robots"

By Jennelly BRONZE, East Palo Alto, California
Jennelly BRONZE, East Palo Alto, California

2016

When Chris was around 18, he was throwing out the garbage at the old dumpster and saw a little glowing machine. He took it home, fixed it up and found out what it can do. It was amazing! He could practically rule the world with this! He can become the next president of the United States Of America if he wanted too… but he was too young for that right now. Chris then knew that maybe, just maybe, if he works hard enough and fixed up the machine, he might be able to take over the world with these things!

Chris always had a wild imagination. He always tried to find ways to take over the world to make it “ great again ”. When he was around eight years old, he had a crazy thought about how maybe if he could find a way to get into the White House Systems, that he could use that to blow it up and by the time it came for a new president, (you know… because the other one would have been blown up to pieces) He had a much higher chance of becoming the next president. Since that did not work, at all… he always tried to find more ways for it. He could never “crack the code” so he was just about to give up.
Chris’ dad, Danny,  was a mad man too. He always use to go with Chris walking around always finding dead bodies. He used these dead bodies to take their brains and hearts just for the hell of it. He thought it was fun. Chris thought it was fun. It was their thing. Ever since Chris’ mom passed away, Danny always tried to find a way where they could connect. This was their way. This was their “going fishing” days for them. Their  “Baseball or soccer tournament's” days for them. They were happy these days. After a few years of doing this , they both got tired of it. Danny had a whole room just filled with raw brains and cold raw hearts. They got bored of it. They stopped, and only 2 days later, Danny’s cold heart gave up and he passed on. Chris, not knowing what to do in the moment, was so mad he was left alone that he ripped out his dad's heart and brain and placed them on the empty middle shelf in the living room. As you might have guessed by now, Chris was a sick little boy.

2023
Five years later, Chris became president. A bad and evil president. He used the robot creatures that he found in the dumpster to take control. He became a president nobody liked.  A president that especially a citizen, Suleima, did not like. Suleima was an ordinary citizen, black hair, grey eyes, thin body, and somewhat short, except she did not like how Chris ran America.

2026
“ Hey Suleima, “ called Erick, Suleima’s boyfriend, “ Don’t forget to pass by the hall and leave the gift we got for Chris”
“ Okay but is that really necessary? We have to give up at least a hundred dollars a month for this guy. He does not need it, he just wants it. He has all the money in the world basically… he is just making America worse! If he want’s gifts from us then he is crazy! He basically owns everything ”  replied Suleima “ I don't know, call me crazy but I am just saying… I would rather praise the guy who kills Chris.” Suleima shouted.
“ Okay Suleima, I … I know how much you hate this guy and I can see why but lower down your tone and attitude Okay? Please?...” Erick said in a soft tone. “  But we can’t let them exile us if they hear you were trash talking the president.”
“Okay”
“Okay, well I have to head to school… are you gonna pick me up?” she asked
“ yea I will be waiting in the front and after we can go out to eat afterwards… perhaps to the italian restaurant downtown?”
“Uhh.. sure..” suleima ended the conversation.
In the moment, Suleima walked out and just stared blankly to the street. She was picturing how two years ago, on the exact day, She saw her parents get dragged away from the robots. She remembers that day clearly. How the sun was hidden behind the clouds. The nice grey clouds with a cool breeze and little kids running around in costumes and going knocking on doors saying “Trick or Treat!” with big smiles on their faces. It was wonderful.  Man, halloween. Suleima loved that day… She always got free candy and did not have to go think about President Chris that day too. She missed that day. A lot.
Two years ago, Suleima had a plan. She was ready. She knew Chris would show up at the big halloween ceremony in her town, she had her friends with her too. She was gonna Shoot him. Exactly 10 times. Three times in the stomach, five times in the head and 2 times just for fun. At the time, when they were discussing the plan, a robot had their audio on so they were able to hear everything. The Robots tracked down where it was coming from and saw Suleima standing next to her parents and friends. They did not intent to do anything just yet so they waited a while. Later that evening when Suleima went out to go eat with her parents, the creature dragged her parents away leaving Suleima scared and lost.
     ~~~~~~
Later that day, there was a special announcement from President Chris. He announced that there was going to be a festival in honor of… him. That this time he was going to announce something great, and his new invention. He was going to announce what those ‘creatures’ were. Suleima was ready to go to the festival, hoping to go along with their plan.
    ~~~~~~
Suleima, Erick, and tons of her friends were at the festival, worrying, and making sure, quietly, that they were ready. Then, they hear an odd, loud sound…
“Hello my fellow citizens, today, I am announcing that I am bringing robots into the world! No worries, I have fixed them up and all so that they are safe and secure…” Chris said. 
“How did you do this?!?!” Shouted a familiar male sound in the crowd. Suleima turned her head and saw Eugene. Eugene was her Ex-boyfriend but he was taken into exile for attacking a Robot. They loved each other, but feelings changed.
Anyways, she figured he could be part of it. He did get exiled and somehow returned, so he must be pissed. He could be a huge help too. He would have fun.. maybe he'll be able to get his revenge. Who knows.
“EUGENE” cried out Suleima “We need your help, now..” said Suleima while pulling him away.
“Suleima! I can’t believe it is you! I’m sorry for your parents loss and how have you been!” replied Eugene.
“ There’s no time for that.. We have to go. Now!”
After Suleima explained the whole story and plan to Eugine, they began to walk out, and they got prepared. Eugene had to take the first shot and from there they all shot. They were waiting until Eugene went so they can begin. As Eugene  was about to shoot, he stopped, looked at Suleima, and laughed.
“How stupid are you?” Shouted Eugine at a moment of silence “Do you really believe that I would do this for you? That I will risk my life, again. No, not for you. Take her away boys.” said Eugene in a deep calm voice with high pitches every now and then.”
Just as Suleima inhaled everything that was happening, she was trying to leave but she couldn’t. It was too late.
“What are you doing?!?! This was suppose to go smoothly!” shouted Suleima as being dragged away.
A couple hours later while suleima was sent to her cell in the prison, Eugene showed up. He went to see her and slowly moved her black hair away from her grey eyes and pink thick lips to speak to her.
“ I’m sorry babe. I had too.” Eugine told her
“ Don’t you ever call me that” replied Suleima.
“ okay babe.. “ Eugene said as he was opening the door to leave. “ have fun for the next 7 years..”
“I will get you back Eugine. I will, and until the day comes I hope you prepare well for my revenge.”
Eugenie left and at that moment, Suleima began to plot her revenge.