Destroy | Teen Ink

Destroy

December 2, 2016
By Vibe14 BRONZE, East Palo Alto, California
Vibe14 BRONZE, East Palo Alto, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Eleven years ago:
“Go to the room! Go, Go!” my dad yelled. I’ve woken up by his yelling to go to our secret hiding room in the basement. As I’m walking down the stairs I     hear the door break open. I run as fast as I can, scared something's going to happen to me. I open the secret door that is invisible locking all locks. Click, 1 click, 2 click, 3 click, 4 click. Locking all the doors i can feel my heart beating,  and my breathing fast.
“Aaaaaah, no, no,” my mom yelling the way she yells when she's scared. I start to worry even more with butterflies in my stomach. I start breathing heavier and heavier.. Boom! A gun as been shot.
“Aaaaaaahhhhh” Boom! Another shot.
Some voice telling everyone around him, “Come on let's go, this was the wrong family.”
I waited until the footsteps fading away stopped to go up and check what's happening. I unlocked the locks as fast as can, run up the stairs then start walking hoping not to see anything bad. I can see from the corner of my eyes pile of blood flowing on the floor like a stream of water.
As I see my parents dead on the floor, it felt like my heart as broken into a million pieces and fell out of my body. I feel something wet come down my face not knowing I was crying.
My knees drop on the floor, my hands covered in bothe of my parents blood and yell out, “Nooooooo.”I continue to cry feeling like I won't stop.

 


December 4, 3025:
“What? What happened, where am I.” I'm saying out loud waking up from being knocked out by Joaquin. I'm looking around noticing I'm laying on red dirt, covered around by a cell made of bones. It's the underworld where all the terrorist hide and recharge to get power.
I get my body up and cling my hands on the bars of the cell shaking it and yelling out loud, “Get me out of here! Get me out!”
I see a shadow of someone coming this way but I'm not able to see their body or face. The person continues to walk forward and I see that it is Joaquin.
“Get me out right now or else.”
“Or else what, you're stuck in here until I take you out.”
I start shaking the bars and wonder how strong are these bars. They can't be that strong there just bones.
“You won't be able to break it,” He chuckles,” it's made of flexicutionite stone attaching the bones together. So it won't break.”
Joaquin starts walking away still laughing and me yelling,”Get me ooooouuut!”
Once there was no sight of him I turn around, sit with my knees up and look down.
“Hello son,” some mysterious voice coming from above me
“Mom?”....

 


December 2, 3025:
My name is John Mcalister and I'm getting hunted by terrorist because they want to take the power inside me. I’m the only Roper in the world at this moment because this terrorist named Joaquin took all the power in them and killed them all. Hes the only terrorist that has last since 2666 when the world was taken over by terrorist and started taking all the power of the Ropers. Terrorist have been taking over the world because no one could protect us since all armies got adicted to drugs and lost there brains.  Since then, terrorist like Joaquin have been controlling everyone and it's unsatisfying to live.
I'm the only one left to protect the world, but there's one problem, I can’t use my powers. I never figured out how or asked because all the other Ropers are dead. The terrorists are planning something so they can run the world but this year it will change. The year 3025 is the year i can conquer my powers and save the world.
For 2 years, I've been living on the streets hiding, running away from people, and stealing things. One stormy night, the rain hit us really hard, some man named Ben came up to me and offered me a place to stay for awhile. For a couple of days, he cared for me, fed me and kept me safe. Now at age 23 I am still living with him, he's been like a father to me for all these years. I love him and he loves me.
Ben lost his sense of taste when he was 15 because 3 bullies made him eat all these gross things. The only thing that can bring his taste back is In N Out which is disgusting these days but for Ben to have some taste i'll try every bit to get it for him. He the only father like figure i had since my dad died. I told Ben all about my life and the power i have but Ben still seems to care for me and love me.


2 hours later:
When I'm walking down the an alley I hear voices coming from an abandoned laboratory, they say, “We have a plan to get John.”
“How if he is always alert and a Roper.”
“He's not able to use his powers. He hasn't figured out how to use them.”
“That’s right but how are we going to get him again?”
“Remember, we attack him once he gets to his dad Ben’s store.” Once I hear that I start running to go get Ben and leave this place.
Once Im at Ben's store, I look inside and see everything is thrown on the floor, Glass shattered all over, food everywhere.
“Ben? Ben?” I yell out hoping everything is alright. As I walk to the back, I can see some blood on the floor. I follow the trail into the back room. I open it and all the lights are off. Then a light turns on.
“Ben?” I said hoping everything was okay.
“Mmm mmmm,” Ben trying to say something but can't because he has something tied in his mouth.
I start walking towards him then BAM!
December 4, 3025:
“What? What happened, where am I, have I been in a coma for 2 days.” I'm saying out loud waking up from being knocked out by Joaquin. I'm looking around noticing I'm laying on red dirt, covered around by a cell made of bones. It's the underworld where all the terrorist hide and recharge to get power.
I get my body up and cling my hands on the bars of the cell yelling out loud, “Get me out of here! Get me out!”
I see a shadow of someone coming this way but I'm not able to see their body or face. The person continues to walk forward and I see that it is Joaquin.
“Get me out right now or else.”
“Or else what, you're stuck in here until I take you out.”
I start shaking the bars and wonder how strong are these bars. They can't be that strong there just bones.
“You won't be able to break it,” He chuckles,” it's made of flexicutionite stone attaching the bones together.so it won't break.”
Joaquin starts walking away still laughing and me yelling,”Get me ooooouuut!”
Once there was no sight of him I turn around, sit with my knees up and look down.
“Hello son,” some mysterious voice coming from above me
“Mom?”
“Yes son”
“Is that really you”
“Yes”
“Wheres Dad”
“Right here son,” he replied.
“We have come to tell you to use your powers to break out and defeat Joaquin”
.
“ But I can't, I don't know how to usethem”
“Just wish to the gods, and they will gift yopu with the powers of super strength, super speed, bullet proof skin, and lazer vision.”
I start to think of my power, “It's not working”
“Just keep trying.”
I keep praying until I feel my muscles get bigger, lightning going threw my veins, eyes get harder and skin as hard as steel, “What just happened?”
“You activated your powers now, and now since you have, we must go.”
“Go where you just got here”
“We've been waiting for this day to help you activate you powers and now we must go to where all spirits must go.”
“Will I ever see you again?” I asked with tears starting to drip down my cheeks.
“Soon, just save the world from that terrorist for us.”
“Bye my son.”
  “Bye.” When I see them fade away I almost feel like shedding tears since I haven't seen my parents for over ten years, but I knew I had more important things to do.
I walk up to the bars, pooled on them and broke them open to get out. When I got out, I had to fight every guard one by one. Once I've done that, Joaquin seemed to be waiting for me. He was standing there with full body armor like if he was ready to fight.
“I've been waiting for you,”
“How did you know I would get out.”
“Remember, I took the power out of all the other four Ropers, and now it's time to get yours.” We begin to fight. Joaquin begins to charge at me. He uses super speed and runs around me throwing punches. Once I got him at an angle, i waited then dropped kicked if with as my force. Humans with Ropers powers is weaker than one Roper standing alone. I walk up to him and pressure my foot onto his chest and lean down to touch his head.
“I command that all the power that has been taken from Ropers.” I say this with my eyes rolled back and in a deeper voice. Joaquin’s body slowly turns to dust and the wind taking it with them.
I travel the world looking for any terrorist acts to destroy them. Ever since Joaquin has died, there hasn’t been signs of terrorism in the world. When i got an alert that terrorist acts were in Mexico, I quickly go there looking for any signs that could leed me to the terrorist. Instead I find a beautiful woman who seemed to be waiting for me. It turned out…. she was a Roper as well.