No Sports | Teen Ink

No Sports

November 17, 2016
By Disturbedegg15 BRONZE, Park City, Utah
Disturbedegg15 BRONZE, Park City, Utah
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

What if all the sports you love to watch and play went away today. What if they were replaced by unfamiliar sports. Sport so strange, so unknowledgeable, you would rather forget everything you knew about sports than learn the insane rules that surround these new found activities we call sports. If football, basketball, hockey, baseball, lacrosse, water polo and all the other sports we love went away what would you do? Would you still play football four hours a day? Even though you know that it will never be a major sport again. Would you still practice without a team to get better and better at a sport that doesn’t exist to 99% of the people around you. Or would you give up all the hours you put in to the sport you love, Forget that you ever even spoke of the game basketball or baseball and go to the far unfamiliar sports that surround the world. Would you have the audacity to move to a strange sport played in Lithuania. Sports are like playing cards, you chose the one you want and leave the rest where they are, but still knowing that you can pick a new card any time you want. Say the whole world forgot about the sports popular today. Say every single sport you love was gone. Everyone except you forgot about it. Even if you never had any interest in playing a sport, wouldn't you still miss watching your favorite college football team every week.


The author's comments:

It's a great work of art. It took me over 18 months to finish this and check it over so I hope you enjoy.