The Creation of the Moon | Teen Ink

The Creation of the Moon

March 5, 2009
By Anonymous

The Creation of the Moon all started by the name of a God, named Mungles.
Mungles was the God of Cheese, and he loved cheese so much, he had different kinds of cheese, American, Italian, Swiss, Chinese, and Hot cheese, and any other kind you could think of. They each came in different shapes, and different sizes. He shopped for Cheese twice a week, and only if he had time, at Alman's Cheese and Deli Shop.

Alman hated cheese, but he loved to sell it, he just liked selling it, because in his backyard, there grew plants of cheese, and his grass was mostly of cheese, and cheese hung from the trees. He couldn't move, because that was the only house he could afford at a time like that, and the money he made from selling cheese, all went into his bank account, and some towards his bills, and everything else.

One particular day, Mungles ran out of cheese, because his family and friends ate it all up; he liked sharing, because he knew himself, he couldn't eat it all, so he thought why not split it between everyone. So he went and bought a new kind of cheese. This cheese was huge, it was a big round ball of cheese, he was carrying it home, and he tripped over a can of silly cheese, and he fell, crashing towards the ground. The Cheese hit and then bounced so high off the ground, that it went through the sky, and went up and up, until it reached space. Soon as it got to space, it lost the pull of gravity, and just floated through space, it would have kept drifting, but at that moment in time, it had collided with an asteroid.


The asteroid had stopped its movement through space, but now it sits, in one particular spot, the spot for the moon, and like they say the moon does look like CHEESE!

The author's comments:
I had a class assignment once to come up with a story about how the moon or stars were created. It had to be fictional of course. My classmates really liked it. I decided it would be listed as childrens' fiction because to me it sounds like something you would read in a childrens' book.