Apple with a Smile

Early in the morning my mother came in and woke me. “You must go to the village and beg for food.” I quickly wiggled into my ill fitting trousers, and shirt. I grabbed the scraps of leather that were too worn to be called shoes anymore, and tied them around my dirty feet. I walked out the door as my mother pointed me in the right direction. I started to hum tunes in my head so that I wouldn’t think about the cold weather or hunger in my stomach. I walked, kicking a rock down the path, following it with my eyes. Then with a swift kick the rock I had been kicking down the path disappeared from sight. When I looked up and saw a giant apple orchard. My mouth began to water at the sight of the red juicy apples. I walked towards the gate that protected these precious apples from the hungry hands of children. I only wanted one I thought, only one.
I looked up at the tall gate, how do i climb this, I thought to myself. I decided to just go for it, and I started to climb my way up the cold metal gate. When I got to the top I jumped down to the ground. I landed on an old pile of dead leaves as if it were a pillow. I stood up shaking the leaves off of me, and looked at all the apple filled trees around me. I even begin to drool a little. I walked toward a tree and when I looked up I saw a full, juicy red apple right in arms reach. I stuck my boney arm out then the apple turned around. The apple had no eyes, no ears, but it did have a mouth and razor sharp teeth. It turned and said                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!” I fell back with fear. “Don’t be afraid” it said “I just don’t want to be eaten”.
“Oh, I’m sorry” I said, “I was just so hungry.”
“It’s okay. Why are you so hungry?” he asked me
“Well, my mother doesn't have money to feed me” I answered.
He frowned at me and said “Come closer please, I would like to tell you of a secret place.       A place that no one ever goes hungry  a place of magic, but you must come closer.”
My mind began to think of the place of my dreams. I leaned in to here the secret... one ever saw the boy after that day...