Today's Evil | Teen Ink

Today's Evil

By disabatolucas BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
disabatolucas BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado

"If you ain't livin', you're dyin'"- Me Lucas DiSabato

Today’s Evil

Dr. Green wanted to change the world.
Lieutenant Jeffrey Stevenson lived in Huntsville, Alabama. He lived in a nice neighborhood with his wife and kids. The Stevenson family went to church on Sundays, ate pancakes together, and were friends with all the neighbors. Family lifestyles like that are dreams for military veterans, but it was a reality for Lieutenant Jeffrey Stevenson. Stevenson knew all the neighbors and if you asked any of them they could tell you loads of war stories about Lieutenant Jeffrey Stevenson. He was very open about what he has done overseas. Many saw him as a war hero, and if you’ve never met the guy you would know that just by walking into his house. His physique and the way he carried himself just screamed military background. He can come off as intimidating at first, but is really friendly and everyone loves him. However, there was one neighbor Stevenson wasn’t familiar with; Dr. Tyson Green. He had recently moved into the neighborhood. Dr. Green is a scientist who makes new weapons and bombs to sell. The only the people that knew that were his buyers. Dr. Green was determined to change the world, and that’s what happened.
The day was June 4th, 2037. Stevenson was at home with his kids watching a movie. He got up to go to the bathroom when what felt like an earthquake struck the small neighborhood in Huntsville, Alabama. He then ran out of the bathroom while pulling up his pants to check on the kids who were screaming and crying. He calmed his kids and went outside to see if there was damage to his or someone else's house. All the houses seemed fine except for Dr. Green’s house. It looked like a giant had walked through his house and onto the road. But there wasn’t anything insight that looked like it could’ve done that. Stevenson went over to investigate the house to make sure something had come out and nothing went in. Stevenson went inside and looked around. There was no sign of Dr. Green.
The next morning the Stevenson family had the news on during their breakfast. The only thing on every news station was the mysterious big hole in Dr. Green’s house and the giant mutated spider terrorizing the city. The police thought the spider was responsible for the hole in Dr. Green’s house. Hospitals were being filled up Its victims. The local police were no match for It, and the scientist potentially behind everything was missing. This Alabama city was falling apart. Lieutenant Jeffrey Stevenson was not going to stand by and watch his friends and city go down in one day. He was going to handle this himself. His family pleaded with him not to, but in his eyes this was bigger than one man. He put on battle gear, grabbed a couple rifles, grenades, an axe, gave his wife and kids a goodbye kiss and left.
It was time for SWAT to step in. SWAT managed to track and barricade the spider in a local grocery store. When Stevenson arrived at the grocery store the SWAT team there questioned why he was there. Lieutenant Stevenson told them who he was and immediately took charge. SWAT was listening and taking orders no questions asked. As SWAT was getting into position Stevenson looked up and saw a helicopter. The news was broadcasting the whole spider situation on Television. Then out of nowhere the spider ran through the barricade at the door leaving sandbags and shattered glass from the windows all the over the floor. It started wiping out everyone. From the SWAT guys to the civilians injured who never made out of the store. Even with everyone being wiped out, Stevenson and the rest of SWAT stood their ground continuing to shoot at the spider. It was virtually indestructible. Bullets were barely doing anything to It. The spider had taken everyone out except for Stevenson and the SWAT sniper who was situated atop a building shooting down at the spider. Realizing he was out of ammo and was the last one on the ground still standing, Stevenson ran off and hid behind a car in the parking lot. The spider saw him run over to the car and ran after him causing shakes in the ground with every step. Just as the spider was about to reach him, Stevenson jumped over the hood of the car hitting the spider’s head with his rifle. He then struck the spider’s feet with his axe making it so It couldn’t get away, pulled the pins from the grenades and threw them in the spider’s mouth. Taking cover behind another car he looked up again at the helicopter wondering if his kids were watching him on the news. Then BOOM! There was a loud noise explosion noise. Stevenson looked back at where he left the spider only to see the spider in a million pieces. The police chief pulled up and congratulated him on a job well done. But Stevenson knew the job wasn’t done. The scientist behind everything was still out there. Dr. Green needed to be found and put in prison to prevent something like this from happening ever again.
The FBI tracked his whereabouts to an airport waiting to catch a flight to Madagascar. If he reaches Madagascar he won’t be able to get arrested. Madagascar has no extradition. Stevenson led a group of men to the airport to intercept him before he got on the plane. When they got to the airport it was too late. Dr. Green’s flight took off about an hour before Stevenson and the rest of his team showed up. At the airport, Stevenson found a way to communicate with the pilot. He ordered the pilot to turn the plane around. Everyone aboard the plane moaned and groaned when the plane turned around.
Immediately when the plane landed Stevenson got aboard and put handcuffs on Dr. Green. A lady in the seat next to Dr. Green politely asked why he was under arrest. Stevenson happily informed her they found evidence that the mutated spider came from the laboratory in Dr. Green’s basement.
In court Dr. Green made it clear all he was trying to was change the world. He was mad because he thought he was going to make big time money making mutated spiders for countries to use in their military. Dr. Green was found guilty on all charges and sent to prison for a minimum of 50 years.
Before Stevenson went home to his wife and kids he went to see Dr. Green in prison. Stevenson went there to try and understand why Dr. Green wanted to change the world, and his version of a world changing was through fear, pain, and suffering. Stevenson left there with the same thoughts as Dr. Green. In order for the world to change, and not only change, but change for the better. Something bad has to happen. To achieve world peace the world needs to first learn all of the evils the world has to offer and how to stop and prevent those evils from happening. Stevenson went home knowing Dr. Green meant no harm. He was only trying to show the world a new evil so it could be stopped.