Night's Blood | Teen Ink

Night's Blood

By Lmaomonkey BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
Lmaomonkey BRONZE, Arlington, Texas

As I floated in darkness and embraced in nothingness the only thing I heard was a voice saying, “You walk the path of a demon, never forget that.” A light suddenly appeared in the distance. I walked toward it with curiosity until it engulfed his very being with nothingness.
I slowly opened my eyes realizing where I was, but little did I know that my life was about to change forever. I see my younger sister weeping by my bedside with tears of joy, yet somehow I still couldn’t fully grasp what had happened. My memory cloudy from amnesia, but when I think about the events that transpired that night, I go through tremendous pain. After being discharged from the hospital, I walk home with my sister Akiko as the first snowflakes begin to fall down. On our way home, we notice a huge construction accident from across the river, and I ask what had happened as we go by it, but she quickly changes the subject before I finish. When we arrive home, I go over to relax on the couch while Akiko prepares dinner for us.
As we began to eat dinner, I bring up the discussion earlier at the construction, but she quickly diverts my attention to all the school I missed. I becomes curious of Akiko's recent behavior, but quickly dismiss it as nothing more than mere coincidence. I went to bed that night trying to remember what had happened and why I can’t remember, but every time a pain went through my head, so I tried to get some sleep. “Are you afraid of what you might become?”  “Do you wish for a life of peace?” The voice kept repeating it over and over again until I woke up in a panic. Akiko and I walked together to school a lot in junior high, but when we started high school, she hanged out with her friends more and more often with them. But, it didn’t bother because I knew she was growing, and I didn’t want to stop. Then the thought of my own problems depressed as I snuck onto school grounds and making sure no one noticed me. As I slowly walked into class, I felt a sigh a relief, and that’s when my best friends Haru and Shunichi tackled me to the ground with everyone swarming around us.
When they got off me, everyone started bombarding me with questions about what happened to me, whether I was okay, but I told them I didn’t know because of my amnesia, however it didn’t satisfy their curiosity. All throughout the day, they kept asking me questions, and it became irritating to say the least, yet for some reason I didn’t stop them because I would also like to know the answer to what happened and why I can’t remember. Everything seemed normal, but I couldn’t shake off the uneasy feeling that it wasn’t; I kept these thoughts to myself because I was sure no one would understand. When lunch started, I went to my usual place on the roof on the school and look up at the sky as the clouds go by, however when I got there I saw a girl I had never met before which peaked my curiosity.  I didn’t think about it, so I just ignored her as I walked by her to go sit at my usual spot, but in the back of my mind, I had the underlying thought that I knew her from somewhere. When I started my walk back to class, I couldn’t help get this uneasy feeling that I was being followed, and when I gave a slight glance over my shoulder, it was the girl from the roof. I didn’t pay any mind to it as long as she didn’t interrupt my school life and kept her distance. Throughout the day it continued on like that each class I went to or any errand I did for the teacher she would always be there watching me from a distance. That’s when people started asking questions about it, and I quickly denied any knowledge of being followed. At the end of the school day, I went to the top of the roof and waited up there to confront her, but she never came. I walked back to the door when I was suddenly shoved, and when I turned to look, it was this giant monster and a girl with a black katana. As I feared for my life, I realized the blood on my hand and drifted into darkness.