The Key Keeper | Teen Ink

The Key Keeper

By Fantasy101 BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
Fantasy101 BRONZE, Arlington, Texas

Hi, most normal people don’t know me but in the other world, people call me the Key Keeper. The whole story started out about a year from now. When my best friend, Kendra, and I were walking in the park together and went pass a tree. The tree suddenly started to glow with fairy like dust surrounding it. I asked Kendra if she could toss me my phone so that I could take a picture but then two huge guys grabbed us both and took us to a cave that I never knew existed, the guys appears to be big and tough, just like a pro wrestler. One of the guys, Vin, introduced himself to us and said that he is a soul keeper of the other world and him and his partner Brock has been looking for a key keeper, but could never find one so they put the tree there to help them out and when they saw the tree glowing when I passed by, they told me that I have a chance to become the ruler. Me and Kendra looked at each other with a confusion and asked them what the catch is.
Vin then handed me a key that was like rusty, goldish, broken down key that looked like is belong to a huge gate. As soon as I grabbed the key it faded away in a dusty form, I was so afraid of what had happen. The two guys replied with “look at your shoulder”, a tattoo that looked exactly like the key appeared. Out of fear I try to scratch it off but it wasn’t working. Kendra told me that she didn’t want to be in the situation but as soon as she said that, Vin than told her that she has to swear not to tell anyone or else they would take here in a dungeon that was located in the other world. Kendra promised and left and since then me and her have been back and forth to the other world.
The other world is pretty awesome, there are monsters that are 8ft and carrying huge bat like weapons with spikes that can slice down a tree and kill a horse or cow with one hit. Vin is now my body guard in the other world but in the real world he is Uncle Vin to others but to my parents think he is an 20 year old guy that I am friendly around town. I been through so much adventures which is so crazy to experience as a 16 year old. There’s this one story I love but it was weeks after the whole key tattoo. So when I was in class Kendra pointed at my shoulder and asked why my tattoo was glowing like a bright gold. Seconds later Vin called me telling me that something big is trying to get through the doors to the real world and that I am the one that can only stop it. I was so mad at myself because I felt that I could let Vin down and I didn’t want to because ever since I was a this three little girls would always tell me that you too tall and ugly. I remember them calling me a dreamer that well never succeed. But this is the year that I can show people the true me and what I can do.
I have been through a lot since I was a little girl, my mom and dad died in a car addicted and ever since then I have been living with my grandparents. You can say I have a sad life but me becoming the key keeper has been the best thing that has ever happened to me, well except the time grandmamma and pops went to my school to watch my band rehearsal and bought ice cream after.
Back about the other world, I have become friends with one monster that saved me while I was trying to trap another one. His name is frank, he so sweet and has blue like scale skin. He always gives me hug before I go on a mission. I have became so close to everyone that now I consider family. I forgot to tell you the best part, I gained powers such as levitating and speed running. I couldn’t dream of doing something fun.  

I was inspired by the show stranger things because the character, eleven, has a special ability to eneter another world which help me create this story.