The Lost Princess | Teen Ink

The Lost Princess

October 12, 2016
By e.ramirez BRONZE, Riverside, California
e.ramirez BRONZE, Riverside, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Once upon a time long ago there lived a prince, a very brave and handsome prince. This prince was not no ordinary prince, he was very energetic, very hyper I should say, his name was Prince Joseph. Prince Joseph lived in this beautiful castle with his parents, the maids, a butler, and his little orange and white cat Charles. Prince Joseph adored Charles, he would take Charles everywhere he went. The prince would always put Charles’s needs before anyone else’s. One day Prince Joseph was outside the castle roaming around with Charles and wanted to go on an adventure. The prince didn’t exactly know what he wanted to do, so he just kept thinking and thinking and thinking. Out of nowhere, the prince heard a huge thud so he ran as fast as he could back into the castle.
“Help help me please im begging you” said the woman the prince has never seen before.
“Ma’am what is your name, what can I help you with,” Joseph said lifting up the woman from the cold floor.
“ I am Queen Elsinore, the queen of Maldonia.”
The king and queen come running down the stairs.
“What is going on down here and who is this lady?” said the king
“Please you have to help me, my daughter has gone missing from the palace and is nowhere to be found!”
The queen took Queen Elsinore of Maldonia to go get a glass of water the queen asked
“When was the last time you had seen your daughter?”
“Last night,” Queen Elsinore said, “ it as a bright and gloomy night and everything was going great so I kissed my daughter off to bed. This morning I was pouring a glass of tea and I heard a loud scream, I dropped the glass and ran to my daughters bedroom she was being carried away by these people have never seen before I called and called the guards, but the people got away.
Queen Elsinore began to sob.
“Now now dear we are going to find her I promise you that and I know just the person for the job.”
“Who must that be?” asked Queen Elsinore
“ Joseph my dear, will you please come here for a second?”
Joseph walks towards his mother.
“What can I help with today?” Joseph said.
“Joseph I want you to go on a quest.”
“What kind of quest mother?”
“ I want you to go look for Queen Elsinore’s daughter.” said the queen
“Where am I supposed to go look, where do I start, what does she look like, what is her name?”
“Her name is Elizabeth, Princess Elizabeth that is,” said Queen Elsinore, “ I am not quite sure where they have taken her but I am assuming these people have her locked away in a tower or a cave. We have to find her immediately. Please Prince Joseph please find my daughter.
“I can not promise you I will succeed, but I can promise you I will try my best.” Joseph implied
Joseph began to get into gear, and off he went to go rescue the princess.As Prince Jospeh was on his quest to go rescue the princess he ran into some paculiar people, people he had never seen before.
“Hey you there!”
The people Joseph ran into turned around and walked up to Jospeh.
“You haven’t seen anything strange going in have?” Joseph asked the people.
“What do you call strange?”
“Anything like a woman being carried away by some men.” implied Joseph.
“ In matter of fact we have. It was a little around eight in the morning today we heard screams, girl screams.” said the men.
“Did you hear which way the screams were going or did you see anything?”
“Yeah they headed left and then they took a right turn but that is all we we were able to see.”
“Do you know if there is anything down to where they turned, a tower a cave a hidden place anything?” asked Joseph.
“Not that we can think of no. Oh wait I have seen a hole a couple miles away from here, is that helps.”
“Is it big enough to fit a person?”
“Oh but of course you can fit maybe even three people in there.”
“Thank you thank you so much you were a huge help in this situation!” Prince Joseph said.
Prince Joseph ran off to go look for the hole that the men had told him about. Joseph was looking and looking and he could not find the hole until he heard sobbing. He called out for the princess
“Elizabeth! Elizabeth! Where are you!”
“Help! Help! I am trapped inside this hole it smells like a rat died in here please help me!”
“I am coming to rescue you stay still!”
Prince Joseph followed the princess’s voice and he found her. He was trying to take the lock of the bars but nothing seemed to work.
“Hand in there princess I almost got.”
“Please you must hurry these things are going to be back any second!”
“What do you mean when you say ‘these things’?” Joseph asked Elizabeth.
“They kind of look like dwarfs, they have long pointed ears and really big noises and they smell like the sewer.”
“Hey what do you think your mister! Step away from the princess!” said the dwarfs.
“I will not I am to return the princess back to the palace where she belongs with the queen and king!” Joseph yelled out.
“Why you little, step out of my way no one is to take the princess out of this hole until the king of Dwarfs arrives.” stated the dwarf with the pointy ears and long hat.
Joseph began to hear large thuds and began to feel the ground shaking. Joseph looks up and sees that there is a small chunky ugly dwarf with fungus growing of the side of his nose.
“Who must you be and what is your reason for being here?” asked the small chunky dwarf.
“I am Prince Joseph of Ilad and I am here to return the princess back to here rightful home. Now I order you to set the princess free.” Joseph told the king of dwarfs.
“Let the princess go? Ha never I am to marry the princess so she will become the queen of dwarfs and live happily ever after. She is to stay here with me and never return home.” stated the king of dwarfs.
“Marry you? I will not marry you! Why would i want to marry a dwarf that smells like a rotten disgusting old sewer and has mold growing on the side of their nose.” Princess Elizabeth implied.
“Fine we will make a deal. If you can defeat me in a battle I will let you take the princess home, but if you don’t Prince Joseph the princess is to stay here and become my queen and I will never see you step foot on this part of land ever again got it.” the king of dwarfs told Joseph.
“Don’t do it sir! You will have better luck trying to break this lock.” Elizabeth shouted out.
“Yes or no I do not have all day for this.” murmured the king of dwarfs.
“It’s a deal” Joseph said.
The king of dwarfs passed over a sword to Joseph.
“On go. Ready. Set. Go!”
All you can here is the clashing of the swords and then just like that Prince Joseph knocked down the dwarf.
“Now you are to release the princess so I can return her to her rightful home.” Joseph said.
The king of dwarfs let the princess go and said,
“Till next time my dear, till next time.”
The princess gave Joseph a huge hug and thanked him. Prince Joseph to her home to her mother and father.
“Thank you so much prince Joseph how can we ever repay you from rescuing our little princess.” said the Queen of Maldonia
“Prince?” what do you mean prince mother?”
So prince Joseph told the princess he was the prince and they lived happily ever after.
                                                          THE END.