Revenge Prologue | Teen Ink

Revenge Prologue

By Samantha243 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Samantha243 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

"You can break my soul, take my life away, beat me, hurt me, kill me, but for the love of god don't touch him."

Eight years old, curled in a ball with tears streaming down her face.
           "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me," She repeats over and over to herself.
           "You're not good enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough. All you can do is cry. You're useless." The voices scream at her. Glass shatters, raining shards over the sobbing girl.     
           "Not again," she whispers to herself as she pulls her knees closer to her chest. The voices in her head get louder and louder.  A slam of the front door announces the return of her father.
          "Hey girl! Get your --- down here and make me some dinner," her drunken dad screams up the staircase sending echoes in the girls room. The young girl continues to sob ignoring her father. Heavy footsteps pound up the polished hardwood stairs, thud, thud, thud.
           "Hey, you! Yeah, you! I see you there in the corner. Make me some dinner or I'll have to teach you a lesson," her father roars at her shaking form. A mirror several feet away from her angry father shatters, sending pieces of glass flying in every direction.
          "What was that?!" Her father screams at her, she doesn't respond. Her shaking worsens, she now is trembling uncontrollably. The house starts shaking several seconds later. The sound of breaking ceramic and glass echoes around the house, doors slam shut, and the girl's eyes glow a shocking cobalt blue. Her father runs out of the room terrified at what he witnessed. She shuts her eyes tightly and slowly rocks herself to sleep on the hard floor of her room.
            She awakens the next morning in the same position she fell asleep in. Curled up with her knees pressed tightly to her chest. Her joints ache from the uncomfortable position she slept in,
                "I'm skipping today. No use for me there," she tells herself quietly as she creeps down the stairs, avoiding the glass of old picture frames. When she steps into the kitchen a note on the floor catches her eye.
                                                            Ways to get rid of her:
1. Boarding school
2. 'Accident'
3. Lock her out
4. Leave her in town

Tears well up in her eyes as she reads the list, which was obviously not meant to be seen by her.
                   "Not even your own father wants you. Pathetic, isn't it?" The voices whisper to her.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." She whispers to herself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every person that has caused me pain will suffer because of their words and actions. I am as powerful as ever and I will get revenge on every single person that has hurt me. Eight years later I believe that little phrase about sticks and stones is complete --------. I would change that phrase to: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will tear my skin apart." Nothing is more powerful than someone's words. I will destroy their world as they did mine because ready or not here I come.

This is my first story on Teen Ink. Please give feedback. Please tell me if I should continue this story.