Fourteen:Six | Teen Ink

Fourteen:Six

By Abby156 SILVER, Lexington, Massachusetts
Abby156 SILVER, Lexington, Massachusetts

Pneuma was shy and quiet when they met, so Girl knew they would last as a pair. Pneuma would only talk when talked to, and sometimes not even then, so Girl had to take the lead. Pneuma was laughed and mocked at, but Girl was proud by her friend always. “Come over  here, and I will take you places, because you stood for me”, Pneuma whispered to Girl one day behind a windowless, locked door. And Pneuma took Girl places, oh yes! Girl liked Pneuma, but Girl kept that a secret, and Pneuma was there for Girl when she wanted to take wings and soar, but sometimes Pneuma was just an echo. 
Pneuma grew, and Girl grew, as time went on. The Girl was laughed and mocked at, but Pneuma just stood like a shadow in the dark. “Come over here and I will take you places you’ll love, because you are alone”, Pneuma reassured Girl behind a windowless, locked door. Girl loved Pneuma, but she kept that a secret, and Pneuma was always there for Girl when she was sad or alone. One day, Girl saw a Bengal tiger and Girl knew it was Pneuma, so she ran away and hide herself in her dreams. “I am Pneuma”, the tiger roared in her sleep.
Pneuma increased, and Girl inched, as time went on. There were more than one voice mocking Girl, and Girl was sitting in the pit of her gloom. “Come over here and I will take you places you’ll love because you are everywhere I am” Pneuma told Girl behind a windowless, locked door. Girl loved Pneuma, Girl told Pneuma that as many times as she got in the day. “So you don’t mind?” Pneuma asked, “I don’t”, Girl said nonchalantly, Pneuma nodded, “good”. Now Pneuma was always there, whether Girl needed her or not, in euphoria or depression. But Girl didn’t mind.
Pneuma blossomed, as time went on. Girl was in a cloud, a mist of vapor high in the skies not knowing what to do with her legs, or the world below. “Come over here and I will take you places you’ll love because I am a person apart of you” Pneuma commanded. Girl followed the sound of Pneuma voice, but in the skies, she could not see the universe underneath. “Where are you?” Girl frantically questioned. “I am everywhere, I am the air around you, the ground beneath you, the beat of your heart, the voice in your head, I am in you, and I am you”. Pneuma took her places, places Girl did not need or want to go. Places that were filed with color and noise and excitement that dampened the screams of the Girl. One day Girl saw a lamb, pure and white, in her rage at the world, Girl drowned the lamb in a stream behind her home. Then, the next day Girl saw the same lamb, pure and white, but with thick fur and muscled calves. “I am Pneuma”, the lamb whispered, “I am what you make me to be and I will be that for you, from now till eternity”. “You are the Lamb, the same lamb I foolishly wounded yesterday, because you are slain, I know you are more powerful than I”, the Girl sobbed. Pneuma reached out and touched Girl, “Ewe, you are now Ewe”. And Ewe washed her tears joyously, in the same river she slaughtered her friend Pneuma. “Come over here Ewe, and I will take you places you’ll love”, Pneuma whispered to her one day in front of a windowless, locked door, “because you understand the meaning of courage, to live in the Neverending Euphoria”.

Much symbolism