Alien | Teen Ink

Alien

By John Ackerman SILVER, Fort Wayne, Indiana
John Ackerman SILVER, Fort Wayne, Indiana

The crisp Friday night air wisped past my face. On my way to a party on campus, I had a great feeling of euphoria resonating throughout my body. I pulled up in my purple monochromatic car as the crowd gazed upon it, the chrome reflecting off their pupils. Their beady eyes gave me the chills, but I was relieved when I saw Jake approaching the vehicle. 'What's up home slice?' he shouted. 'Not a lot, man. How's the party?' I questioned. 'Come on in and check it out,' he said. Before we made it to the door, a monolith of a man approached us. 'Joseph! I haven't seen you since high school!' he said, slurring his words. 'You remember when we made the salted ketchup and poured it all over Mr. Heinz?' His breath reeked of liquor. 'I'm not Joe. You might wanna take it easy, maybe lay off the booze for a while,' I advised. The inebriated man simply shrugged at my advice and stumbled off. We opened the door to reveal total anarchy.

The whole apartment was in utter chaos. Jake wandered off into the abysmal crowd, but I was hesitant. I noticed a girl sitting at a table by herself reading a book, which was very strange for this sort of party. Cautiously I approached her, for it appeared as though she didn't want to be disturbed. 'What are you reading?' I asked. 'The History of Area 51,' she stated calmly. 'Why aren't you partying like everyone else?' I wondered, feeling like I was intruding on her privacy. 'This is my house. I never got into parties, just throw them to please my friends. But hey, I have to go check on something. I'll be back in a minute.' She sped off, looking like she was late for an appointment. I decided to go search the crowd for Jake. Just when I had spotted him, a hammering blow was given to the back of my neck. I began losing feeling in my fingers, and suddenly my whole body collapsed. I fought to stay conscious, but I knew it was no use. Closing my eyes seemed to alleviate the pain.

I awoke in a dark corridor, filled with rotting wood and a ground made of dirt. A feeling of anesthesia crept through my veins. My arms had been tied firmly to the chair that held me in place, as well as my ankles. The outline of an amorphous figure slowly stepped out of the shadows. It was the girl I had seen reading at the party. 'Tell us, what are you plotting?' she asked. I had seen interrogations like this in the movies, but it was completely different in real life. 'Are you insane? I have absolutely no idea what your talking about. Untie me right now!' I screamed. Another shape revealed itself from the darkness. My jaw dropped. 'Jake! What..Why..?' was all I could get out. I couldn't comprehend what was going on. 'We know you've been plotting against the human race. We want answers now!' he demanded. I could smell the alcohol in his breath. 'Jake, I have no idea what you're talking about. How long have we been friends? I'm not an alien.' I said. 'Then what's that tattoo on your shoulder? I saw the exact symbol in a picture of a crop circle.' 'That,' I started,'is the Japanese symbol for peace. I told you that when I got it, don't you remember?' 'I do remember that!' he exclaimed. I showed him my driver's license, and that was all it took to convince him that I was human. The next hour was spent listening to the two apologize for their misconception, although it was mostly monotonous rambling from Jake. He had way too much to drink. Deciding I had more than enough excitement for one night, I made my way out of the corridor. I didn't feel like driving home, so I picked up my cell phone and dialed the home number for the mothership. They agreed to beam my car up. I input the code in my teleportation device and was soon back at home. Humans can be such nuisances.

Written for an etymology assignment

Hope_Princess BRONZE, Hebron, New Hampshire

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."

Ha ha! I love it! Especially the ending line, it was great.

Keep writing!