The battle of a lifetime | Teen Ink

The battle of a lifetime

By Thepupymonkey64 BRONZE, Pepper Pike, Ohio
Thepupymonkey64 BRONZE, Pepper Pike, Ohio

Today was a good day. I robbed a couple cargo ships, the boys got their money,  got mine. It’s kind of cool being the captain of the most feared ship this side of the milky way. I can make the military run like mice just by the mere site of the flag. A six eyed skull complete with crossbones. The ship was outfitted with 60 Ion cannons, 20 tracking lasers, and a whole bunch of stuff I didn’t even know about. The old beauty we called; Osiris’s revenge big enough to comfortably fit 8000 men, Millions of spices, minerals, and precious powders stolen from other ships, and it’s prized captain; Captain Luther Henry Jameson, or as I am more commonly known as,  The hook. I have One robotic eye, one robotic arm (equipped with a laser cannon, and a plasma sword.
My leg was also outfitted with mechanical tendons and a little bit of metal padding. Most of my crew were just normal people who were done with what life was throwing at them, and decided that they would throw something back. But some of them are the ones who have been with me from the start, they command my fleets, and lead my troops, like I said, I am the most feared pirate this side of the milky way. So. Now that you know my backstory, and basically everything you need to know i'll get you started where I left off.
It was a normal day, there were cargo ships military ships, and… Pirate ships. I was sailing my largest vessel accompanied by several other smaller ships to the spaceport; Arancalt. Weird name, I know. Anyway… We were on our way there when my first mate Bckey told me the bad news. 
“cap’n !” He shouted from the door as he walked into the room.
“Buck, what’s the problem?” I asked him, I could tell something was wrong by the creases in his fore head, ever since i've known him he’s never seemed this worried.
“ Our men have spotted the naval fleet coming right at us, port side. Only about half a lightyear in that direction. I cursed under my breath. I may have been the biggest baddest pirate out there, but the navy in this sector of the galaxy was one of the toughest, I’d be lucky to get out of there without any casualties.
“Then let's turn our course to the nearest civilization” I said through a shaky voice.
“But cap’n, That would be rantoris!” Rantoris, that planet was one of the worst places to land on. There may be a city there, but that’s only because it is made out of a special material that the planet's harsh conditions cannot penetrate. If a ship were to land there, It would disintegrate in seconds.
“Well, guess we gotta fight em’ then.” I said to bucky as he started to bark orders through the speakers.
“Guess we do.” He said back when he done.
I was never one to back down from a fight, but this one had me on edge a little. My men were rushing around the decks, loading cannons, loading guns, some were just cowering in the corner.
“Cap’n!” buck yelled as he ran towards me with a transmitter in his hands. “They contacted us, asked for you.” I took it from his hand and put it to my ear and awaited for the voice of some high ranking military officer. Eventually, it came.
“Hello, mister hook” the man said in a raspy tone. “ I hear you have robbed some of OUR cargo ships, and that some of the cargo you TOOK from us is still in your ship, am I correct?” He asked me like I was a tiny little child.
“Yeah, what's it to ya?” I asked with a prick of poison in my voice.
“ That is our cargo, and unless you want you and your pitiful excuse of a vessel to drift in space for an eternity, I suggest that you bring me back our cargo. NOW.”  I could tell this man was serious. He finished with telling us we have 30 minutes to comply. I was not crazy. So I did what any normal person in my current position would do. I decided we were gonna attack them before they could attack us. I may have been one of the richest people in the galaxy at the moment, but It won't hurt to be even richer.
Me and the 5 highest ranking people in my fleet got together to discuss what to do about this ‘situation’ we were struggling with at the moment. We decided that we were going to call the rest of my fleet in and attack at once, making the navy focus on the current number of ships we have now, while the others make their way into the fight as a surprise attack, we may have been outnumbered, and outgunned, but, we had one thing on our nsid, and that was strategy. We had everything set up and ready to go, so we used warp speed to flank the enemy, while some of the smaller ones stayed in front.
The navy first focus on the smaller ships making the shields on our sides easy to penetrate. We got in as many shots as we could, ultimately taking down three small ships, and a frater. There were still around 45 ships left though, but we would take them all down. We focused fire on certain ships at once so we could take their shields down then board them so we could take control of them and make the odds a little more even. Eventually, it started working, and us and the navy had around the same amount of ships, they were ahead of us by maybe three, but then I noticed, they have taken down some of our ships as well, leaving us at only 11, they still had 32.
“We can still take them!” I said to my men to up the moral, It worked a little.
I needed something more to work with, a plan maybe. Just then, the other ships from the fleet zoomed into the battle making the odds even as they could be. And with that my plan sparked in my mind, if we try and focus on the mothership, and take that down, the rest of the fleet will either be extremely easy to destroy, or they will just retreat. I forwarded the plan to the rest of my commanders and with no resistance, all the guns on our side changed focus to the biggest ship in the field. The men started to cheer, it was working!
The mother ship's shields were going down! But before we could destroy it completely, swarms of fighter pods rushed from the enemy ship’s hull. These ships  were way to small and fast for our bigger ships to target, and we had to deploy ours as well to counter it.
We barely had a quarter as many ships as they did, I just hoped that our men had more spirit in them than our enemies did, because that was all we had to lean on at the moment. But then, the ship dipped, and rocked. We were hit, our shields were down. I could tell the rest of my fleet were racing to save the ship, but the men on board were in escape pods before I knew it. Even Buck, but not me. I was going down with my ship, and I was gonna take those navie idiots with me. I raced to the control room that was now abandoned by it’s crew. I maneuvered the console so that the ship’s thrusters were boosting me towards the enemy mothership, I was going to ram it.
  My ship’s shields were down, but the enemy ships was up, though it was damaged, I thought I could manage to break through and destroy them, anything the size of my ship could. I boosted at full speed at it, it’s guns all focusing on me. And then, it tore in half. I went right through it’s centre.
The ship and probably everyone on board it was destroyed. And so was my ship. It’s turrets unusable, same for the cannons. The thrusters were useless as well. I would drift through space till I starved. So. The question on my mind is now, Was it worth it? And I really don’t know anymore, I took this audio log so others wouldn’t make the same mistake I did, If you are hearing this, don't be like me, try to live your life without the stupid risks I took.

A ruthless space pirate is about to have his final battle.