the Phases of the Moon | Teen Ink

the Phases of the Moon

By AlexWesterbeck BRONZE, Katy, Texas
AlexWesterbeck BRONZE, Katy, Texas

I open my eyes to see the vibrant colors of an orb below me. I start to fall upon this mysterious place. I know not who I am or where I am. All I know is falling, falling. I smash into the land of this strange orb. Before me was a giant building with small houses around it. I walked out of the crater to see many people stare at me. They all started to murmur “his skin is as translucence as the moon, his skin shines like a moonlight night, he is another child of the moon.” I was stunned by their accusations but then I looked down at my hand. It was a pale color and it shinned. I was in awe but then a villager grabbed me and dragged me towards the building in the middle of the homes. The man who had grabbed threw me into the palace. Once inside the palace I was surrounded to people who looked exactly like me. We all looked identical but there were some girls in the crowd. Then they all started to swarm me in a hug. They embraced me until one of them broke off and said “welcome, child of the moon, to our kingdom” I had no idea what her was talking about. “Just smile and nod” I thought  we started to walk forward when the one leading us bent down to my ear and asked “do you have any idea who or where you are?” I replied “I haven’t the slightest idea” the man looked like he was going to say something but a man busted through the door and said “ sir, a sun child has crossed our boarder” the man in front of me had a grin expression in his face. He replied “ok I understand we will get ready” they all started to run towards a room and someone beckoned me forwards. I walked into a room with stations with corresponding numbers above them. All of them were occupied except for one labeled eight. In the place there was a kimono a scepter and a book labeled the book of Azbarian. I looked confused when a man came and slapped me in the back “ouch” I exclaimed. “You got to be stronger than that if you want to be a warrior.” I replied to his statement in a whisper so he couldn’t hear “but I don’t want to be a warrior” and I prayed he would leave. As if taking the hint the man walked away. I changed out of my ragged clothes into the kimono laided out for me. Once I had changed I meet the children who were gathered in a circle. All of the children started to scatter when I just stood there. All of them eventually pointed to an empty hall way. I walked slowly to the hallway with my head bowed in shame. I walked to the end of the hallway where there was a little hatch that lead to a cave below. As I started my dissent into the cave the cover of the hatch snapped shut and the ladder broke. I was falling when the book slid out of my pocket. I touched the book and it flipped to a page I trusted it and said “oh, spirit of the moon bend the gravity to let me fly” I stopped my falling and floated safely to the ground. I thanked the book and went into a room with a swirling blue hole in a wall. I touched the book again and symbols burned into the air in front of the portal and I walked through it. I ended up in a place where it was half sun half-moon. When I saw a man with red skin and glowed like the sun in the middle of the moonlight land. I was observing him for a while when my siblings got their and bound  him with rope. I thought this was wrong but they did it anyway and dragged him through the portal. I stayed after the took him away to contemplate there decision when 7 other people who looked like the man appeared at the boarder the men saw me and threw me a piece of paper and said “bring this to your siblings” I grabbed the paper and tried to walk through the portal but one of the men whistled and arrows came flying at me but I raised my had and chanted “moonlight shield” when all of the arrows bounced of my shield harmlessly and I walked through the portal. When I got their they were all gathered in the portal room and the prisoner was nowhere in sight so I gave my fellow children of the moon the paper they had gave me. The man I gave it to sighed “the day has come the children of the sun have declared war on us let us get ready then move out” we all went into a room that was covered with an iron door and behind them were eight chariots attached to moonlight horses. We all got onto the chariots and flew into the sky to the boarder to face them in battle. We got to the boarder to see hundreds of people with bows and arrows aimed for the ready when a man screamed “fire” all the arrows can at us but they were easily evaded and we landed on the ground safely. After five minutes of the conflicted an arrow hit the eldest moon son in the chest. I tried to heal the wounds but they were too deep and he died in my arms. I had had enough so I yelled “stop” my voice resonated with power and everyone froze. I yelled again “I have had enough with all this petty fighting. Innocent people have died” all of the army dropped their weapons and fell to their knees and the conflict stopped and peace was restored to the world.