Girl in a Red Dress | Teen Ink

Girl in a Red Dress

May 20, 2016
By lynnsmoti BRONZE, Sturgis, Michigan
lynnsmoti BRONZE, Sturgis, Michigan
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

 I always see a young girl wearing a red dress wander around the garden. Many people come to the garden, but I always see this girl. Her muddy, red dress and her long, black hair could often be seen near the hydrangeas. I decided to approach her to ask why she only sat near the far end of the garden. I sat at the opposite end of the bench while she occupied the right side. She looked solemn, so I asked her why she was sad. She looked towards me but did not give a reply. She just stared into my eyes while looking even gloomier. Again, I asked her why she was so sad and this time, she gave a reply. She told me that she could feel my pain and everyone else’s pain. I asked her what that meant and she said that she was special and can see the past, present, and future.  I asked her why she looked so sad when I sat next to her. She hesitated for a moment before she spoke. She said my future is very painful and then the girl pulled a necklace out from under her dress. It was a colorful orb attached to a rusted chain. Before she handed me the necklace she said one last thing to me.
    “I’m sorry, but I no longer want this power. I sense a great power from within you, so I am giving this to you.” She said as she placed the necklace in my hands.
    As the necklace touched the palm of my hand the girl suddenly disappeared and everything around me turned into a black void.