A Fighting Spirit | Teen Ink

A Fighting Spirit

By Zapdos BRONZE, Colorado Springs, CO, Colorado
Zapdos BRONZE, Colorado Springs, CO, Colorado

Gotta Catch Em All!

After the Russians started World War 3. America has been under confusion. The Russians know that USA is their biggest threat. But amazingly, they keep attacking Europe instead. That doesn’t mean America will let Russia take over though.

Just when America was going to send troops to France to help their battle in Paris. New York was attacked by Russian Navy Forces. The Overlord, General of the military and president’s right hand man, sent out Military Ground Forces to take back NY.

“Delta Team, this is Overlord, I have a mission for you, over.” The Overlord was an old man, but very smart and wise. He had a green Commander Uniform and beret. Gray hair and bushy gray mustache with a deep voice, and white skin. Talking through a radio to someone.

Delta Team was an advanced squadron(4) of soldiers that had years of training. If the Overlord wanted something important to be done. Delta Team was the number he dialed. No one knows their real names, everyone, evan themselves, call them by their code names. Sandman, Grinch, Frost, and Spartan.

“Overlord, this is Sandman, Commander of Delta Team, what’s our objective sir, over?” said a voice of a man from the radio. “Sandman, I am calling from the Pentagon, where’s your location, over?” Said Overlord. “Were on a helicopter heading to aid in the fight of New York sir, over.” Sandman replied.

“Well change course, I got another mission for you.” “And what’s that, over?” “Hostile Russian Forces have put a Jammer in NY. Our Jets can’t land an airstrike on the Russians until that Jammer is down. I’m putting Delta Team in charge of it, over.” Overlord said without stop.

“Roger that, consider that Jammer down, Delta Team will deal with it, over and out.” Sandman said, then the radio went dead. Back at Delta Team, the 4 soldiers, Grinch, Frost, Sandman and Spartan, were reading their weapons for a battle.

Sandman, the captain of the group, was a normal white man with a strong determination to win the war. He was 24 and spent 5 years training and battling. He had no facial hair, with a gray uniform and helmet. He was ready to eliminate the hostile jammer.

Grinch, the weapons expert of the group, was a black man. He had a heavy beard and freckles. With the same uniform as Sandman, he was prepared to battle in any circumstances. He was 27, even though he’s older then Sandman. He isn’t as experienced as him, since he only was in the military for 2 years.
Frost, the engineer of the group, was a young(22) year old girl with black hair and  tan skin. She is kind at her allies, but when it comes to enemies. Her heart is as cold as ice. That’s one reason she got the code name Frost. She tied her hair up to a bow. To keep it out of the way of firing. She hid her hair under her helmet.

And then there was Spartan, he was the recruit of the group. Being Only 20 years old and with white skin. He was chosen for Delta Team due to his quick learning and heavy training while in Boot Camp. This was his first battle with his new teammates. He looks almost identical to Sandman, just with freckles and younger.

Riding over the country heading to NY, on a helicopter traveling at 89 miles an hour. “Hey guys, how did you get your code names and why’d you code name me Spartan?” Spartan asked. Sandman smiled, looking at the new recruit. “I got my code name from being stranded in a desert. But surviving and making it back to base alive.” Sitting at the back of the helicopter, Grinch followed saying “I got mine because I was grumpy and grinchy during training. Evan though I don’t get grumpy anymore, I decided to stick with it. Makes me feel unique.”

Frost, standing at the helicopter door staring at the world below.

“I was raised in the Arctic, trained in the Arctic, and never said I'm cold the entire time.” Spartan was surprised that all three of them had rough pasts. Maybe that’s why they were chosen to be in Delta Team.
Sandman continued saying “We named you Spartan because you had the spirit and courage of any Spartan from the Roman period.” Spartan smiled, who would've thought that some determination would make him a member of the most elite squadron in the US military.

It was all smiles and happiness until the pilot reminded them that they arrived at NY. Which was hard to tell it was a city at all. The buildings were broken apart with fire burning out. It’s a good thing it was evacuated, but evan so. Millions died in the escape.

“Who would've thought the Russians would start a war.” Spartan said surveying the battlefield.

“The Russians didn’t, the Soviet Union did. Someone took control of the Russian military and forced them to start a war. There are some soldiers that resisted them and have teamed up with us to help regain the honor of their country.” Frost said. That made Spartan feel a little better, knowing that the Russians HAD too, not WANTED too.
“His name is Makarov, Makarov was the one that took over the military and forced the war into our atmosphere. But were too busy to deal with him when we have to help our allies against his forces.” Sandman said.

“Hostile Hind!” Frost said grabbing her gun. A Hind is a helicopter that has a LOT of weaponry. Hind’s are the perfect vehicles to drive when you want to knock enemies out of the sky. It was a Russian Hind VS an American Hind.

Missiles came at them left and right. Luckily though, the pilot had 7 years of experience. It was a sky chase, the Russian Hind wouldn’t let them go.

“Alright, i’m tired of tag. Turn the hind around pilot!” said Grinch grabbing an RPG from his back. The pilot did as he was told. The helicopter was turned sideways and gave Grinch a clear shot. Grinch aimed, right for the front of the hind.

“You about to go BOOM!” Grinch screamed, quickly after he fired the rocket. Direct hit at the hind’s left side. The Helicopter went down, but before it did, it shot one last missile. Unable to dodge the attack, the missile had a direct hit at the tail. And every helicopter MUST have the tail at full repair in order to stay in the air. THe helicopter quickly went down.

“Now what?” Frost asked with fear. Spartan looked at where they were going to crash. There were no soft spots. But quick thinking gave him an idea. He told the pilot to pull up as much as possible. The pilot accepted the order and pulled up. It wasn’t enough to save them.

“Jump when I say so, got it?” Spartan said. And if it were to save the team's life, Delta team nodded. They were falling out of the sky like a rock falling from a cliff.

“JUMP!!” Spartan said jumping out of the helicopter. The others followed, they risked it. And it was worth it, they fell on top of a building. And now that there was less weight of the helicopter. The pilot was able to pull up enough to stop his crash landing to a normal landing.

“You’re a lifesaver Spartan, you not only saved us but made sure the pilot survived as well.” Sandman said proudly. The pilot got out of the helicopter, and ran down the street. Where another helicopter was waiting.
“No time for hugs, we need to move!” Grinch said taking out his HAMR. A heavy machine gun with LOTS of bullets ready. Spartan pulled out his AN-94, a normal machine gun that he had have favorited since he started training. Sandman pulled out a FAL. A rifle with long range and perfect aiming sensors.
Frost had 2 uzi’s, tiny little machine guns, but they fire at a very fast rate.
“The jammer is only half a mile west, move out!” Sandman said. They ran to the stairway that led to the 1st floor. Once they reached the bottom floor, they found a giant hole instead of a door. They ran out into a battlefield, and they had to walk it out.

“Why can’t we have another helicopter pick us up?” Spartan asked running.

“Look up man.” Sandman said pointing his finger up. “Half of those are hostile hinds.”

Spartan looked up to see more than 29 hinds all battling each other. And that was just from street view. He doesn’t want to know what it looks like from aerial view. They had to fight their way through the battlefield (let’s not get into details on the fight) to reach the building where the jammer was. And even more so, they had to reach the top of the building, fighting forces of bad guys.

They finally reached the jammer, it took a bloody long time as Grinch would say. Spartan put a C4 (Strong exploding device) on the jammer. He ran back behind cover and pulled the trigger. The jammer exploded and fell to the ground. The long narrow steel creation in the sky fell to the ground. Immediately after, Sandman got a reading from Overlord.

“Good work Delta Team, we are detecting the jammer down. We’ll bring in the rain. Prepare to see some fireworks, over and out.” It took only 5 minutes before Delta Team saw jets dropping bombs on the Russians. This was a great victory, one of many to come. 

To be continued….

This piece is ALL FAKE. I typed it after the game Modern Warfare 3. With a couple adjustments. Don't take this offensive if you are Russian. Anyway, I wrote this piece to honar the American heroes that fought for us in WW2. And how they returned to save us from WW3.

Camden said...
Thank you for the email Ethan I just checked my email and the stories you wrote are amazing you did a wonderful job

Zapdos BRONZE said...

Gotta Catch Em All!

Please tell me if you like it or not. If you don't mind. Thank you.