The Fall of Nation | Teen Ink

The Fall of Nation

April 1, 2016
By abhiroop_basak GOLD, Kolkata, New York
abhiroop_basak GOLD, Kolkata, New York
10 articles 1 photo 1 comment

“Oh! Sir, careful! You’d hurt yourself!” cried a maid as he reached out towards to save the pale and weak President from falling as he troubled down the stairs.

“I’m fine… I just had a headache and couldn’t control my balance.” said the unnaturally annoyed humorous evergreen person with bland brown hair and blue eyes as he was centered among the loyal servants. This was quite a nightmare for them to see him in such a helpless powerless condition.

“See the condition of President. Such a healthy mutual person and now see his condition. I heard that the whole of Yierlsis Republic is desperate to first impeach him and then imprison him. Has anyone ever imagined this prosperous President to be in the prison?” whispered one of the servants into the ear of another.

And then another marked,” Yes, all because of that priest…” And this round of whisperings went about around the well suited man still sitting helplessly on the stairs as a drop of pristine tear trickled down along his chin and moistened his shiny silken flamboyant tie.

“Yes sir, this is really your fall! The priest has aroused a great hatred and suspect against you among the Yierlsis Republicans and the mob is advancing towards this Presidential office.” Cried out an official as he rushed into the hall anyway and somehow gathered his balance, rarely falling on the coffee tables.

“Oh Jesus! This priest is going to kill me. And the people- I fought with the priest to save them, to secure their future, to stop the cruel business he was conducting in the name of religion- and what did they do with me instead- and they will kill me!”Shouted the President crying as he fell upon his knees. He was totally destroyed and had no hope of its recovery.

“Sir, the economy is steeply falling and the business men are protesting. They are planning for a strike”, said another official getting into the room.

“Sir, the party members are annoyed. They feel that you have destroyed their image in the public. The ministers will soon come to meet you.” said another as they started coming into the hall.

Suddenly to the surprise of all the members present in that hall, the President stood up and ran upstairs crying! They just couldn’t just imagine this. The person who was unable to stand up properly, how could he acquire that much power that he ran upstairs?

Time passed. But there was no sign of the President neither was there a little sound indicating his presence. A hush silence over the hall was broken by one of the most loyal and dear servants of the President getting up the stairs up to the President’s room.

And there was a note hanging on the door knob. It read “Dear people of my country. I confess the fall of the President along with the fall of the nation. Whatever I have done, I did for the betterment of the country.”