The Warrior | Teen Ink

The Warrior

By ConnorWrites SILVER, Denver, Co, Colorado
ConnorWrites SILVER, Denver, Co, Colorado

"A day without laughing is a day wasted." Charlie Chaplin

Karon Jardinico was quite scared.

He knew he shouldn't be. It was just a routine trip to the Danver system for a servo repair. The important motor functions in his left leg had been severly damaged by a drone bomb in a skirmish with a rival group of mercanaries. He'd been trying to escape from a rebel hangar when they jumped out of the shadows. Now, he was flying to the only man in the whole galaxy that could repair his exosuit. 

Nearing the planet, he put up his retractable steel hood. Watching the holographic display flicker into view, he braced himself for the procedure. The landing gear slowly came out, and the modified Jedi speeder touched down on the ground. Karon pushed the button to open the c***pit, and the circular panel slid back, followed by the wing folding up. He got out, and took in his surroundings for a second. 

The other identity fell away in an instant. Gone was the strong warrior, and back was Kyle Jones, the little boy recieving surgery on his leg to remove the cancer. His mom turned to him and gave him a small wink of encouragement. 

They walked in together.

Just a little idea I had. Inspired by my recent surgery.