Black Sands | Teen Ink

Black Sands

By Interstellar_Trash BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Interstellar_Trash BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

His feet kicked away sand as he ran, inhuman screams and pounding footsteps filling his ears. He slid behind a rock and waited, trying to catch his breath. The commotion started to die out and he let out a sigh of relieve. “Don, can you hear me? Are you ok?” a girl said through his communicator, making him jump. He moved his wrist up and pressed one of the buttons.
“Yeah, I’m fine, Bea. Just a lot more of them acid-blooded beasts than usual in this area”
“Thank God you’re alive. Did you get the tube?”
“Yeah, it took a while, but I got it”
He smiled when he heard everyone cheering in the background. “Great! I’ll start up the signal. You better get back in one piece!” she said with excitement in her tone. “I will” he said with a short chuckle. He lowered his wrist and started to get up, forgetting to turn off his communicator. He looked down at the tube and smiled a little. All of them will finally get to go home. He saw some sort of liquid fall past the tube and froze. He looked up and his eyes widened. “No… oh dear God” he said as the gigantic creature that loomed above him started to growl. Screams of pain filled the communicator. After a few minutes of this, there was silence. “Don? Don are you there?” Bea said with worry in her voice. “Don..please answer me…”.

First one, based off of a doodle of mine.