Time Killer | Teen Ink

Time Killer

By DanielPatinoTeenInk BRONZE, Hemet, California
DanielPatinoTeenInk BRONZE, Hemet, California

My job is simple I get an objective to kill someone in a different time period. I got this job pretty easily. I was sleeping and some guy came into my apartment, handed me a bag with a Winchester rifle,watch, and a CD. I played the CD and It told me to set my watch to Los Angeles, California in 1994 and I thought to myself forget that and then, It said They’ll kill me if I didn’t do the deed. I did so, and I felt a shockwave from the watch and It took me to that time period. I was born in 1990 and I was four at the time.

The Objective was to kill a man known as Richard Moser an extreme alcoholic with a wife and a four year old boy. Moser was the abusive type who would beat on his wife and child. Moser would end up leading a retaliation against the American government in 2018. This would lead to an American Civil War which would be an unstoppable conflict. That was my mission, stop and kill Moser in order for The American civil war to never occur.
       Moser worked part-time at a Carwash in Inglewood and got off at 3 P.M. Then he would go to the local bar and drink for about two hours. He would come home at 5 P.M and expect dinner from a wife who works from 5 a.m to 4:30 p.m and has barely any time to prepare anything to eat. He would beat her constantly as their four year old son watched. After the beating he would leave to the bar again and drink til’ 9 p.m. That’s when I planned my attack, as he walked out into the parking lot and began to smoke a cigarette. I walked up in front of him and pulled out the rifle and put four .308 rounds in his body. He then he said “Tell Johnny I love him.” That’s when It struck me that I had just killed my own father. Who left me when I was 5 years old. I couldn’t have noticed because after he left my mother changed my last name to Jones . I suddenly began to disappear and go into a ton of memories I’ve never seen. I appeared in my new home turns out I became a billionaire for curing cancer for about 4 dollars. Then when I thought it was going to be an easy life for now. The same guy who left me the watched showed up again.