Freak | Teen Ink

Freak

January 14, 2016
By Briana15 BRONZE, Kansas City, Kansas
Briana15 BRONZE, Kansas City, Kansas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I have spent so long looking for neverland little did I know, I was already in it.


    I lay there on the floor of my cage. the icy metal seeped through the thin material of my hospital gown. I cover my ears to muffle the sound of the screams and crys of all the others around me, but nothing helps. I let my fingertips lightly brush the soft fur on my ears. My other hand reached down and stroked the fur on my tail. Tears streamed down my face.

    my papers say feline but the doctors say freak.

Chapter 1: Dark

Jinx P.O.V

 

    i lay there on the floor of my cage. the icy metal seeped through the thin material of my hospital gown. i cover my ears in atempt to block out the screams and crys of all the others, but it doesnt work. i let my fingertips stoke the soft fur of my ears. my other hand goes down and strokes the fur of my tail. i feel tears stream down my cheeks.

    My papers say feline but the doctors say freak. of course I am. I was created with the ears and tail of a feline along with my eyes and teeth. I never seen the color of my eyes let alone what my face looks like and I would never want to see the face that is so hated and feared. I cry every night or what i believe is the night. there are no windows here. nun of us dont know what the sky looks like or what colors exist.

    I hear a soft tap from the cage next to me. I turn over in the dark and see the glow of a pair of eyes. the only person I have ever truly known. he stared and me and i stared back. no one knows how to speak and if you do your not allowed.

    one freak spoke out loud and the doctors draged her away only to return her with a thick bandage around her mouth. they had cut off her tongue. it showed us to stay quiet. i felt his eyes smile at sme and i forced a smile back. he then closes one eye and opens it again. i feel a small laugh rise up but i keep my mouth close.

    i look down and see the dark outline of my hands and close my eyes. the dark, its the only thing i truly know. i hear the soft beating of my heart. the only tue way i believe i am alive. the only true way i believe i am human.

Chapter Notes:

its still a working progress


The author's comments:

    I wrote this story based off my favorit author, james patterson and his series maximum ride: the angel experiance.