Love In The Valley Of Death | Teen Ink

Love In The Valley Of Death

By Thunder_sorcerer BRONZE, Gales Ferry, Connecticut
Thunder_sorcerer BRONZE, Gales Ferry, Connecticut

It was the middle of summer, so bright, so......lively, the humans were playing and the villagers were working and the king and queen watched over the kingdom to keep peace.  But when I came, everything goes from calm to complete havoc, houses were burned down, hundreds of lives were lost, and animals were stolen.  I am the cause for this for I am the legendary death dragon.
Life was once simple for me, I roamed the skies and stole cows and terrorized families, until I saw her.  The princess was the only daughter to king LeBron James and queen what are those and she was beautiful, so, when dark came, I silently flew to the windows of her chambers and took her away to my cave.
I woke up to a scream and opened my large, scaly, black eyes and found whacking me with a……chair?  How the heck did she get a chair, I slowly opened up my large, black-silver wings and knocked her away softly into my gold pile, I got up and started to speak.  “I believe I haven’t introduced myself yet, I am thaed nogard, the legendary death dragon, and you are?”  the princess stammered and slowly started to speak, but suddenly, she started yelling, her voice dripping with venom, I was unfazed because I knew that nothing could kill me.  Then, she stopped and calmly spoke “I am Princess John Cena, 1st princess of the kingdom 21, daughter to king LeBron James and queen What are those, and what is the meaning of this?” I replied “at first, I wanted you for ransom, but now, I have fallen in love with you and I want you to be mine but not married.” The princess was flabbergasted by this, she would probably never see her parents again.
Later that night, a mysterious knight wearing black armor and had an evil presence heard of the kidnapped princess and rode to kill the dragon and steal the princess himself and marry her.
I awoke to a maniacal laugh and I saw him, he spoke softly but I knew he wanted my life, and even though he thought he could, he couldn’t, so he thrust up his sword and……clink!, it was crushed by my thick skull and I knew it was my turn, so, I picked him up by the ruff and flicked him away to the other side of the valley knowing that it would only be a while until he would return again.  I looked at John Cena, she was still asleep, and so I did the same.  A week has passed now and there is still no sign of the evil knight, the princess has finally excepted my love so, I let her out into the fields to play like she was my pet, she would ask me things like “are you the last dragon, and when can I see my family again?” and I would reply “No…I am not, there is one more, he is the legendary life dragon, Efil nogard and we are the last dragons alive, but we can never die so there is a good side to it. Also, you may see them when the time comes, but it is not the time.” I glanced at her and saw that she was starting to cry so I took her back to the cave, away from the vast, beautiful, lush field. 
We got back to the cave and there he was, the evil knight, and he started to speak “I am sir little Einstein’s and I’ve come to take the princess and kill you.” I saw him holding something behind his back but I still spoke “I can never die so I am not scared, and I see what you’re holding behind your back.” He replied hastily to this “I see, but I still have one thing to tell you……..’Eat Nuclear Bomb Dragon Scum!”’ He fired and hid under his hastily built bomb shelter, I on the other hand curled up and kept the princess snug and safe in the protection of my wings.  BOOM!  The bomb exploded and 5 minutes later, it dissipated, thanks to me, the cave was still in place and the princess was also safe, as was I.  The knight on the other hand was left unharmed but dazed, so I set down the princess and carried him 20 miles away and when I put him down, I dug a pit, placed him in it, covered him with the remains of his bomb shelter, and flew back to the cave.  When I got back, I saw the princess fast asleep on a pile of gold so I moved her to a golden bed, curled up, and went to sleep.  Screams rung around the cave, and they sounded directed at me, so, I got up and went to ask the only person in the cave, I was about to turn around when I saw Einstein’s again and wondered if he would ever go away but I didn’t have time for him, I turned…..the princess was with him, they were both yelling at me and telling me to bring her back home, wanting some peace, I obliged.  When I got to the kingdom, the villagers kept their distance but watching my every move, the knight and princess jumped off and turned to me and said “Thaed I have decided to get married to Einstein and that since you are kind, you will be the priest.” I was flummoxed, I stammered “I..I..I’m happy for you but why him? And by the way I will be your priest.”  She ecstatically responded “Thank you, and I chose him because I wasn’t able to look at anyone while I was captured.” I faceclawed and said my goodbye before leaving so no more awkwardness could continue.  The day of the wedding has arrived now and I was nervous but got through it and it didn’t help that everyone was watching me, the party after the wedding was amazing but after it, not so much, people were yelling and screaming at me, the drunk bride and groom were helping throw sharp objects at me until I took it no longer….I raised my wings and concentrated, my eyes glowed red and my body purple, I was using my legendary power to kill everyone in a radius of 500 miles and less, I curled up than instantly lashed back out, unleashing my power, the no longer drunk princess was speechless, I held her tight and spoke to her for the last time “I’m sorry, I couldn’t take the abuse everyone here gave me, I’m sorry….I’m sorry……forgive me.”  She used her last second to reply with tears in her eyes “I forgive you…..goodbye Thaed.” It was all over, everyone close by was dead, I had my life of peace again but the princess was dead.  5 Years later I still remember this event, I remember her last words and the time we had together which was short but strong, I still visit her today, bringing her flowers and sometimes I can see her ghost smiling down at me and I smile back at her and every time I say “I will find a way to bring you back, I promise you and I will love you all over again.” and I will hear her reply “I know you will I believe in you and I love you too.” Then……………….she fades away and I will leave her grave that I built her in my cave and then I will go out searching for the way to bring her back and there are two ways to bring her back, I have to find Efil or I have to get the legendary potion which Efil guards to bring her back so Efil, get ready to help, because I’m coming.

This is a narrative I wrote for 8th grade LA reflecting the theme of love.  I bended the theme a little bit and i also made this story funny and also have some things in real life.  I hope when people read this they will enjoy it and have a good laugh