Thinking of Everything | Teen Ink

Thinking of Everything

December 15, 2015
By Anonymous

“Class we will be starting a new project”Mr.Jenson’s class is so boring I wish I could leave right now I thought about being home watching T.V. on the couch.The fire alarm went off interrupted my daydream “this is not a drill please evacuate”the principal said over the speaker.Everyone was outside then the firefighters showed up “Call your parents to pick you up” I guess it was something serious.”What a coincidence that we got to leave” I thought as I was in my dad’s car.I was hungry too bad we left before lunch”Dad can we pick up some food I’m  starving” I leaned against his seat “Sorry I have to go back to work this took up my lunch break” he looked at me “It’s fine”I looked down at my shoes trying to avoid talking to him.I ran inside and looked everywhere for something to eat.”Nothing but expired bread and broken noodles”I gave up and went to watch T.V,I looked for something to watch then a Mcdonald’s commercial came on my mouth was watering.I stared at the delicious burgers and the fries ,I thought about how soft and warm  the fries were in my mouth.I smelled something that made me turn around “How did that get there” I didn’t care I was just hungry.After I finished I wondered how the food was here and how I got to leave school “Maybe it’s just a coincidence” and to prove it I thought about the puppy I always wanted.I didn’t see it anywhere “It was worth a shot” I went upstairs to my room.I opened the door and there it was,a white as snow Yorkie puppy.I dropped my things and went to pick her up, she was so soft and like cookies fresh out of the oven.I must have startled her because she jumped out of my arms and onto my dresser then my bed.She knocked over a couple things I went to fix them, I picked up a picture frame that had a photo of my mom and I at the beach.I was on my mom’s back she looked so happy ,her long honey brown hair being blown onto her face by the salty humid wind, hiding half of her beautiful caramel hazel eyes and her pearly white smile that always made my day better.I began to cry as I hugged the picture I sat on the floor “I wish you were still alive mom” I thought about all the fun times we had together.Footsteps interrupted my thought so I looked up “mom”?


The author's comments:

I felt like my other stories weren't connecting to anyone so I came up with this piece.