The Power of Lotus and the Great Volcano | Teen Ink

The Power of Lotus and the Great Volcano

By Anabellas5 BRONZE, Guatemala, Other
Anabellas5 BRONZE, Guatemala, Other

Before there was a beautiful blue landscape of wonderful colors and gorgeous creatures interceding a nice sunset, before the umbrage of a tree reflected the gorgeous shape of its beautiful branches, there was only a coalition of bacteria trapped in a swamp; a swamp full of evil that could only lurid you from even imagine it caused by a horrific past. Everything around the swamp was dead and had a huge decadence from its past, but there was only one elicit creature standing out from that horrible environment. It was the only organism alive that shinned and kept on flourishing every decade. It had bright roots that ran infinitely down the swamp. This was and is the purest creature that still stands today and has a story to tell.
The Lotus flower was the purest organism standing in the middle of the pond. Behind the pond there was a volcano, which reacted according to the Lotus flower’s washings. It’s believed that billions of years before everything passed away, there was life. A kind of life no one could ever imagine. All the lotus asked for was happiness and respect. Everything was so pure, until evil stroked their souls. Desire was the root of evil as it led to ignorance and cravings. Desire or craving is like a huge tree containing many branches. This tree had branches of anger, illness and greed. The only way to stop suffering was to stop desiring, but these creatures had a hard time doing it. The lotus was the purest organism alive; it couldn’t have anger or any kind of bad energy around it; that’s why, a volcano stood behind it. It reacted according to the lotus wishings; the Lotus flower connected its energy through the endless roots below the swamp. It’s roots traveled every inch of the universe underneath the swamp, where they were connected to several different tectonic plates which caused earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions in favor of the Lotus wishings. As time passed, the Lotus saw that desire was eating this organism and they couldn’t change, bad energy was surrounding the Lotus, until the roots transferred a horrific message to the volcano. The volcano transcended above every creature and destroyed every living thing, leaving everything behind. Billions of years passed, and the only two things standing where the Volcano, and the purest creature, the Lotus Flower. As time passed, the lotus flower was filed by too much pureness. This pureness gave bacteria a second chance making cells duplicate faster and faster creating aquatic animals that complimented water. The greenish color of the swamp became crystallized and many bacteria became fish, as for others, became toads and reptiles. These reptiles soon stepped out of the swamp and every step they took became earth. Every dead creature from the past grew to form trees and in a few days, what is was to be decadence, became life.
The Lotus became aware of what its energy was causing, but this time it decided not to end life like it did before. Instead, it decided to warn them every time bad energy was approaching by causing small natural disasters. This way, creatures knew when the lotus flower was being surrounded by bad energy, every time there was an earthquake, they knew that one of its roots was being touched to a plate, or every times there was a small volcanic eruption, they knew one powerful root was touching the volcanic plates. Creatures understood now, and they could reflect on their humility rather than on desire.

Im a person who grew up in an enviroment full of bad people and bad energy around me. I can identify my self with a Lotus flower as i see my felf in the future doing great things and standing out from any bad energy around me. This piece was written for an assigment in my English class, as i had to come up with a myth and include nature and many fictional creatures.