One Without Wings | Teen Ink

One Without Wings

Elijah stood slowly up, his chest rippling with muscles. Shaking his head, his intense golden eyes narrowed to slits, trying to see in faded lighting of the forest. Blinking once, he slowly walked, his body moving in jerky movements, as if he couldn't remember how to walk properly. His white hair brushed just over his brow, causing him a slight distraction, he would have to trim it soon. He took in his surroundings as he walked, his black combat boots barely making a noise on the dew-covered ground. His outfit consisted of a black muscle T-Shirt, tight around his broad shoulders and chest, and black denim jeans that hugged his hip and strong thighs perfectly. He kept his senses open, he was on a hunt, he couldn't let his guard down. Keeping his head still, he kept his eyes swishing back and forth, taking in everything as he continued to walk. He wanted any enemy to think he wasn't paying attention. Grinning to show sharp fangs, he would glance up at the sun peeking across the canopy. His angel genes let him walk in the sun, even though his thirst for blood wasn't subdued enough for him to ignore it. Taking in a smell, his head c***ed to the side, and almost animalistic act. Slowly moving his head to the right,t that's when he saw her. She was tall and elegant, slim but muscled in ways that made his mouth water. He could tell she was Other: a race of genetically morphed creatures, vampires, werewolves, shifters, just all depends. Even though he couldn't tell what she was, he knew one thing, she meant buisness. Especially with a bow, equipped with an arrow, strained for his heart. Moving faster than a human eye could track, he snatched the bow with an iron grip, snapping it over his knee in one smooth motion. "That wasn't a nice way to say hello, cheri," His lips twisted into a ghost of a smile, before breathing in deeply to get her scent, yet he still could not categorize her into any species of Other. "I simply thought I would lacerate you enough so I could ask the questions first." Her voice was silky, feminine, sexy. "Understood." He raised his hand, palm out. "Let's start off to a better start.. Hello, I'm Elijah Touch.

I love a good paranormal book. Vampires, witches, angels and demons, werewolves, shape-shifters. All that good stuff. Over the years I've made characters of mine come to life in books I've recently started to make, and It seems I cannot let them go.

on Sep. 1 2015 at 9:40 am
IndustrialRevolution BRONZE, Paris, Tennessee

"Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through the pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life. That is the sort of bravery I must have now." ~Tobias Eaton

Most of my books will end in cliffhangers, If you think I should continue on with a story, just let me know! Thanks everyone!