Cursed: The Gifted | Teen Ink

Cursed: The Gifted

August 17, 2015
By Anonymous

Will. Who is Will? He was the Chosen One. The one who was suppose to save everyone from the evil to come. But, he didn’t. It wasn’t his fault. It was my. I was suppose to be his protector. Protecting him from the temptations of the darkness. But, I’m not perfect. I couldn’t even connected with him. But, he was my best friend, more than he was a person I was just protecting. But, I could never connect with him. In truth, I need him a lot more than he need me. I tried so hard to be there for him. I can only do so much to protect him. I wasn’t strong enough to save him. How is a simple Guardian suppose to protect against so much? I guest, I was suppose to try. To give my life for his. I would have. If he would have let me. I was always ready to lay down my life for his. I’m a prisoner of my own mind. Filled with nothing but sadness, emptiness, and regret.
I’m stuck on the field, where I watched as Will was taken from me and thus the world was plunged into darkness and chaos. I just sit here holding him close to me. I’m never going to let him go. In the shadows of that field, there were hooded figures coming out. Not evil. But, not on my side either. I don’t know who they were. But, they weren’t there to hurt me.
They were carrying something. I don’t know what it was. They placed them in a circle in front of Will and I. They were orbs. I looked at them, as they started chanting. I then looked back at the orbs, which had started to glow. Something shootout, lighting up the sky. It then take the form of a dragon. It was the Immortal Dragon. Something that was only talk about in myths and legends. Then one of the hood figures walked over to me. They knelt down next to us, removing his hood. He looked at Will, then to me. He knew what I wanted. He then looked up to the dragon, who nodded it’s head. I looked up to the dragon, as it let out a great roar into the sky. Then the dragon was gone in a great flash of light. I then felt Will moving around. I looked down to him, seeing his eyes opening. Tears started falling from my eyes, as I held him. I then looked around, seeing the hood figures had disappeared, except for the one that had told the dragon my wish. He looked at me. I knew what he was thinking and I nodded that I understood. Then he disappeared as well. I then looked back at Will.
In that moment, Shadow Figures appeared with their master. I knew this swine, Eli. He was a Guardian. Or, at least that’s what I and everyone else thought. He fooled all of us. He got close to Will and I let him. I didn’t trust him, in all honesty. But, I didn’t think he was going to be dangerous. He was harmless. A nuisance. But, harmless. But, this was a clever ploy to keep us distracted. I never liked being around him. And he knew that. But, who was with him? I knew that monster too. Riley. Why was he here? He wasn’t here, when Eli killed Will the first time. Why was he here now? I looked at him. Then… Well, I don’t know what happened. But, that’s when Jeff came out. I don’t know why he was here. I just knew that it wasn’t good.
I looked at Will. I then looked back at the three of them, taking out my swords. I never liked using them. I then looked down at one of them, taking a deep breathe. I then walked in front of Will, lifting up one of the swords. But, there was three of them and one of me. I wasn’t going to let him fight. Never again. I looked at him and he know what I was thinking. Before he could stop me, I ran into at the three. I looked back for a second, seeing Will holding a hand out. I then looked back ahead of me, seeing Jeff walk back. I didn’t understand, until Riley and Eli took out their swords. They walked forward, blocking me. Our blades clashed in rapid movements. I could hold out against them, but not forever. As the fight moved about the arena, one of my sword was lose. When that happen, I knew that they were going to be able to defeat me and I would have failed Will again. They forced me back. And it wasn’t long before I was on my knees. I looked over to Will. I failed him again.
As I looked back at Eli and Riley, something happened. They were both knocked down in a flash. I looked over to see Ian. I don’t really know Ian, beyond he’s on our side. The side to protect Will. And he was a good person. I liked him and I considered him an ally. He walked over to me, handing me the sword I had dropped. I took it, getting up. He then looked at Eli and Riley, who were crawling away. At least Eli was. He was no fighter. I wasn’t either. But, he schemed and plotted, rather they fighting. But, Riley was back on his feet, ready to take us on. I think he was more interested in fighting Ian. Riley craved the opportunity to fight someone he saw as his equal. But, Ian was not his equal. Ian was far superior to Riley. But, Riley was going to try his luck anyways. He ran at Ian and was quickly disarmed. He looked shocked by it. But, Riley wasn’t one to play fair. He kicked out one of Ian’s legs. But, Ian jumped, going over Riley. Riley looked at Ian, knowing he wasn’t going to win. He walked back, looking to Jeff.
Jeff didn’t seem very concerned by what was happening. He just stared at Will. I started back towards Will. Ian looked at me, not sure what I was doing. He then followed me lead, walking over to Will. As we were walking, Jeff took out his swords. I knew what he was going to do. I looked at Will, running to him. I looked back to Jeff, seeing him running. He was so much faster then me, but I pushed past my limits. My blades clashed against his. I forced him back from Will. Jeff looked at me, placing his blades at his side. He knew I couldn’t kill him. But, he was going to test me. My loyalty to Will. My willingness to protect him. I lowered my swords, lowering my head. I’m not strong enough. Jeff smiled, laughing. He raised one of his sword at Will. Ian started to walk forward, when he was stopped. Jeff started walking forward, ready to kill Will.
Before, Jeff ever touched Will, his swords were on the ground. He looked at me, surprised and slightly angry about it. He then felt a pain in his side. He looked at his side, seeing blood. He grabbed one of his swords, charging at me. I put my swords up, to block him. But, he stopped mid way through. We both looked, to see Will had drew his sword. He pulled his sword back, Jeff walked back. Will dropped his sword. I grabbed him. He was shaking. I held him tighter, trying to make him feel better. I felt tears, as he placed his head on my shoulder. I wrapped my head around him, kissing him.