The Silver Skeleton Key Part 3 | Teen Ink

The Silver Skeleton Key Part 3

July 23, 2015
By _EffortlesslyShnazzy_ PLATINUM, Ooltewah, Tennessee
_EffortlesslyShnazzy_ PLATINUM, Ooltewah, Tennessee
24 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"If I waited until I felt like writing, I'd never write at all."


"I'm Terra. Even under the circumstances, it's nice to meet you." A wry smile graced my lips.

The corner of his mouth turned up at my reply. Just then a deep booming voice reached our ears. Our heads turned at the intrusion, Wynn's body instinctively tensing up at the sound. From around the corner another Tamarian warrior appeared, settling himself in the doorway. Even though he was shorter than my pursuer he was still intimidating in stature. His angular jaw was set tightly, his eyes a deep blue. His muscular form sported a tan leather tunic, his hand resting at the scabbard on his right hip.

His eyes took in the sight, his eyes narrowed suspiciously at our close range from one another. After giving me a quick once-over, he turned to Wynn.

"The Master requests your presence in his chambers immediately. See to it that you make it there . . . without any interruptions." He emphasized the last part of the sentence with a glare directed to Wynn. The tips of Wynn's ears turned pink, as he looked at the ground avoiding the warrior's fierce eyes.

"Yes Kane, I'll leave right now." Wynn scurried around Kane, slipping quickly though the door. Once gone, I shifted my eyes to Kane who stood motionlessly by the door, a guarded expression on his face.

"Are you going to stand there and watch me all day, or do you have something to say?" I snapped testily.

His eyes filled with disgust, lips twisting up in a sneer.

"I have nothing to say to a measly prisoner."

I cringed at the evident disgust in his voice, casting my eyes to the ground by his feet. He abruptly turned, striding out of the cell.

I sighed after the door closed, the tiny click sealing my freedom. I curled up on the floor, my arms locked around my knees. I rested my forehead on my knees, closing my eyes, accepting the darkness that overwhelmed me.

A murmur of hushed voices awakened me and I forced my heavy-lidded eyes open, a soft groan escaping my dry lips. Through my blurry vision I could see two warriors talking outside my cell door. When they heard me, they both turned toward me and the one closest to the door inserted the key and opened it. He stepped inside and made his way closer to me. I tried to scoot backwards away from him, but then my back hit the wall behind me. I stared up at his stoic face, my eyes wide and fearful. He reached down and grasped my arm in his large, calloused hands, yanking me to my feet. I yelped, my body still sore from sleeping on the chilled, hard floors. He then proceeded to escort me out of my cell and down a dank, dark hallway. I pulled my arm toward me in hopes of loosening his grip, but he just tightened it, his hands completely encircling my slim arms.

All around me the lights flickered, casting eerie shadows on the dark walls. I craned my head to look around me, searching for an entrance or exit. There were none in sight. I groaned inwardly, feeling a bruise appear on my arm as the warrior dragged me roughly through the maze of hallways. Even if I could escape, how would I possible find my way out?