Warrior | Teen Ink

Warrior

By MinionForGod SILVER, Nixon, Texas
MinionForGod SILVER, Nixon, Texas

"I didn't receive my acceptance letter to Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire to become a Jedi to preach the gospel to all nations." (That's right! I can be a nerd and still love Jesus! God calls me to come as I am and that's what I'm gonna do!)

Grief. Sorrow. Hopelessness. These grim emotions course through Perry's veins with catastrophic speed. The feeling of never being able to see light again is overwhelmingly strong. A sob escaped her despite her stubborn will to stifle it.
    Forty-eight hours earlier, she was living luxuriously, getting whatever she wished for, whenever she wished for it. How else should a fairy princess be treated?
    Now, with four wooden coffins laying before her, all she wanted was her family back. How could this happen? Anger rose from the darkest reaches of her heart where the monsters crawled and howled with evil. Who is responsible for this? Who let the attackers murder her family? The fairy responsible will surely pay for this treason!
    No, her family wouldn't want that. They always spoke of forgiveness and of God. She, herself, never understood the appeal of a Greater Being who is in control of everything. If there is a God, why would He allow such horrible things to happen? Four great fairies are dead! Dead....
    Hunching her shoulders in defeat, she sprinted to the woods, already in tears by the end of the fifth stride. She collapsed into a ball and wept for what could have been. In her sorrow, she lost all track of time or her whereabouts. The only thing she knew was that her family was gone and she wished she was dead so that she couldn't feel the pain that battered her heart now. She was all alone. Abandoned. Isolated.
    Suddenly, as if by her own summoning, five luminous, transparent figures stood before her. Gasping in shock, she realized that they were the faces of her family, but something was off. They seemed to shine with glee and love.They looked better than she had ever seen them!
      But there was another face. One so beautiful that she couldn't focus on her family.The other face was so bright that she didn't dare look it in the eye, though she obtained the feeling of deep love and power pouring out of the figure. It knelt down, lifted her chin to look at Him, she now found, in the eye.
    Mournful tears weren't what escaped her eyes now, but joyful ones. She knew deep in her heart that Whoever this being was, He would never forsake her, will always forgive her, love her. She had found her home.
    This magnificent creature didn't move His lips, but still she heard, “I am the God your family spoke of, Perry.” His voice was like both the ocean and fire, yet still gentle and warm. “My love for you is greater than your mind can comprehend. I will never leave you. I will strengthen you as you fight your battles. I will go before you, walk beside you, and have your back. I will give you everything you need and more. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. You need not fear for I am with you. I will take care of your family in Heaven. If you choose, I will see you there as well. It is your choice though. All you have to do is accept me. I love you, My Child.” Before her mind could process what was happening, He and her family vanished, leaving her reeling.
    She had so many emotions spiraling around in her head, she couldn't even put her finger on one. This isn't some messed up dream, right? This is real.
Finally, after careful contemplation, she decided that yes, God is real, and yes, her family was right. Before regret could tug at her heart, she began speaking the words that had just popped into her head when she decided she would accept God into her heart. She had never heard the words uttered, but somehow, she knew they were the ones that needed to be spoken.
    “Lord, I admit that I have done wrong things and haven't been the best fairy in the Otherworld. I believe that You're my Savior, and the only One that can save me. I choose to follow you.” As soon as Perry spoke these words, her heart began to beat erratically as she was filled with an inseparable love and peace. It was the best feeling she ever experienced. The sensation of God smiling at her spread the first smile she had formed in days across her own lips as well.
For the next 200 years, Perry lived a very successful life with God beside her every second. The brave fairy fought and won many battles because God strengthened her and provided for her. She walked in peace because she knew that she would see her family again one day. Perry, the fairy, was a Warrior for Christ. 

Though the characters and settings are fictional, the story line and the inspiration are not. I found that accepting God is the key and the feelings described are what feel you up once you accept Him. I said this prayer four years ago, and to this day, I'm still dumbfounded by how amazing God's love for me is. I hope you will see how much Christ loves you too.