Ties That Bind | Teen Ink

Ties That Bind

By Annamarialovesbooks BRONZE, Hampden Ma, Massachusetts
Annamarialovesbooks BRONZE, Hampden Ma, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"All the people who knock me down, only inspire me to do better". -Selena Gomez

?I was Just an ordinary girl. Hated school, never fit in and never had a boyfriend. My parents are dead, my best friend is gone and now I'm alone. Or so that's what I thought....

Allison Johnson lived a sad, boring life. After the death of her parents she was sent to live with her grandmother in Maine. She never imagined that she would find herself in the middle of an ancient war full of revengeful vampires and overprotective guardians. Allison's life gets more and more complicated when a vampire leader named Derek gets word that she is in town. Derek will do anything to get revenge on the Johnston family for killing his father and uncle.
Will Allison follow in her family's footsteps and stand up for her family? Or will she fall right into Derek's trap? 

Chapter 1: Prologue

Boom, boom ,boom.. was the sound of the front door smashing open.what the he'll is going on?.. Then it hit me. I didn't know where to go or hide,I was completely alone. The sounds of my mother's screams drowned out everything else in the room, and then I heard complete silence.the voice inside my head said,RUN! RUN! ALLISON! I heard footsteps coming from the stairs, until I saw the outline of feet at my door. I quickly ran under my bed afraid to make one sound that would ruin everything. My heart is beating rapidly as I try to slow it down. The sound of my door creak open gets my heart beating faster. I knew this would be the end of me. Tears start running down my face uncontrollably. The sound of my own name being said raises more fear.
"Allison I know you're hiding in here, come out.I'm not going to hurt you."
At this point I know the end is near for me but I won't give up. I start praying for God to help me.As I was going to surrender, and show my face to my mother's murderer.
Something happened that will change my life forever....

Chapter Notes:

This Prologue flashes back to when Allison was just six years old. Her mother is getting murdered and she is witnessing it. 

Chapter 2: Chapter One

10 years later......
That day still haunts me every time I close my eyes. I feel like I'm reliving it everyday. I still wonder why I'm still alive? The answer is  unexplainable. Just as I  was going to draw my last breathe. The sound of yelling and screaming filled my room. The screams weren't of mine but of my alleged murder. I peaked over my blanket to see another set of feet step into my room, the feet of a man. The strange man ran after the murderer. Punching, kicking and hitting him until he pulled out a golden handle knife. I can already feel a scream rise up in my lungs, as the man plunged the knife into  his heart. I expected too see lots of blood but nothing just a poof of black smoke and the man was gone. Another scream of confusion and fear were about to rise until the strange man spoke.
"Allison, you can come out now the bad man's gone, no one will hurt you".
I should of stayed under my bed, safe but the way that man spoke gave me a sense of comfort. I crawled out from under my bed, to see a broad man looking down at me. He was much taller and bigger than my six year old frame. But the strangest thing of all was his eyes. He had the bluest eyes I have ever seen. Not even my dad had eyes like that. They were filled with kindness and sympathy. But also with nervousness, which scared me a little bit. He stayed silent waiting for my reaction. I didn't know what to say first, thank you or I want my mom. But I started to feel dizzy as darkness consumed me.
It took me tens years to stop grieving of my mother's death. My father died from a heart attack when I was four. I was to young to understand but I could see the pain in my father's face as he counted his last days. After he died my mother tried everything to get me  feeling better. She bought me clothes, watched movies with me, baked with me nothing worked. I needed time by my self to heal the wound that was created. My mother gave me the space I needed but I regret not spending more time with her before her death. Now at sixteen years old I'm trying to move on. My grandmother took me in after my mother died. I remember after I regained consciousness she was the first face I saw.I never saw the strange man that saved my life again. When I told grandma about him she smiled and said " you're lucky you have an angel looking down on you." I didn't believe it, angels aren't real, their fantasies that people believe. But how else do you explain it? My grandmother lived in a small town in Maine. Their wasn't much to do or see except go shopping and to the beach but that was enough for me. My grandma bought me a small car to get me around and I was highly grateful for it. I attended Washington high school five miles from my grandmother's house. It's a comfortable school that has everything I need. And being a sophomore comes with high expectations. I loved my grandma for everything thing she's has done for me. but i am old enough now to find a job, and  make money and that's what I'm going to do. I rushed down the stairs waiting to get a head start on finding a job. It was eight o'clock when I ran down to the kitchen. The smell of bacon filled my nose with delight. I love bacon, The crunch of it in my mouth and the burst of flavor that comes after, makes it worth everything. As I entered through the kitchen I saw my grandma flipping pancakes in a pan.
"Good morning grandma".
She turned and look at my with uneasiness.
" Oh good morning sweetheart" she said.
"What's wrong grandma".
She walked across the room and took my hands in hers.
" Sweetie I need to tell you something".
Oh no fear consumed me. What could she possibly say? Is she going to tell me she's dying? My mind is racing a million miles a minute wondering what she has to tell me.
"Yes grandma " I finally get a word out.
" I have to leave town for a few days. Maria is getting worse. I need to see her before she paces".
Relief washes over me in a instant but sympathy weaves its way in. My grandma's old friend Maria was suffering from breast cancer, since she was forty. We knew she wasn't going to make it but my grandma remained hopeful.
" Sure grandma take all the time you need with her. I can take care of myself. Give Maria my best".
Her eyes were full of sadness as she said " Thanks dear I knew you'd understand I will only be gone for a couple of days. If anything goes wrong call me."
With that I gave her a hug and a kissed and watched her walk out the door. I was fully confident I could watch over myself for a few days.
I finish off my breakout with a smile and walked out the door. Ready to face the challenges that came my way.

I was inspired to write this book by my friend Caitlyn. Though, we have only been friends for two years. Caitlyn and I have built an amazing bond together. A bond I would like to keep forever. This book was written for her to symbolize not only our friendship but the ties that we have created.  

on May. 8 2015 at 11:50 am
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read the first two chapter of my book. I'm happy to announce that I finished writing Ties That Bind and it's a very exciting book. I would like to apologize for any grammatical errors in my writing. I wasn't aware prior to submitting it. Also thank you for voting my article number one on the fiction page of Teen Ink. Thank you guys for your support and I would appreciate any helpful advice/comments. -Annamaria

SueRN said...
on May. 7 2015 at 4:44 pm
Would love to read more.....Sue in MA