A Dreamer's Reality (prologue) | Teen Ink

A Dreamer's Reality (prologue)

April 15, 2015
By IzzyD. SILVER, Valley Center, California
IzzyD. SILVER, Valley Center, California
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix


Snowflakes whirl elegantly through the frigid winter air. A few flower heads poke out of the snow tentatively, but the rest of the meadow is covered in an enticing white. I watch the snowflakes fall from the shelter of a clump of trees.

My eyes find small, shadowy figurines in the snow. A mother, clutching her young child’s hand as if it where she that needed the balance to walk. I see a young couple, holding hands and kissing, their embrace full of I love you’s and It’ll be alright’s.
A dark figure stands in the middle of the meadow. He is outlined in shades of orange from the rising sun behind him. I leave my shelter and take tentative steps towards him. One step. Two steps. I look over my shoulder and see the trees reaching out to me with their wooden hands begging me to stay with them.
Each step that I take towards him, the more shadows I uncover. The more clearly I see. But the trees are blinded. So I must be blind, too.


The author's comments:

This is the prologue to a story I am trying to write. I will be posting the first chapter later, but for now does anyone have any feedback for me?