A Dreamer's Reality (prologue) | Teen Ink

A Dreamer's Reality (prologue)

By IzzyD. SILVER, Valley Center, California
IzzyD. SILVER, Valley Center, California

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Snowflakes whirl elegantly through the frigid winter air. A few flower heads poke out of the snow tentatively, but the rest of the meadow is covered in an enticing white. I watch the snowflakes fall from the shelter of a clump of trees.

My eyes find small, shadowy figurines in the snow. A mother, clutching her young child’s hand as if it where she that needed the balance to walk. I see a young couple, holding hands and kissing, their embrace full of I love you’s and It’ll be alright’s.
A dark figure stands in the middle of the meadow. He is outlined in shades of orange from the rising sun behind him. I leave my shelter and take tentative steps towards him. One step. Two steps. I look over my shoulder and see the trees reaching out to me with their wooden hands begging me to stay with them.
Each step that I take towards him, the more shadows I uncover. The more clearly I see. But the trees are blinded. So I must be blind, too.

This is the prologue to a story I am trying to write. I will be posting the first chapter later, but for now does anyone have any feedback for me?

guard-girl GOLD, Clover, South Carolina

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."
Proverbs 3:5-6

This does have a very poetic feel about it, and I can't wait to read it in its entirety. I enjoyed it :)

on Apr. 18 2015 at 12:52 am
creativewriter144108 SILVER, Keizer, Oregon

Bam-What??!!

I think its great and that u NEED to finish it to be amazing