A Boy Trying to Find a Way Home | Teen Ink

A Boy Trying to Find a Way Home

By erindandridge BRONZE, Sacramento, California
erindandridge BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it"

-Jodi White

A Boy walks across the train tracks looking for a way home. He’s scared, and doesn't really know what happened in the past two hours. He doesn't even know where he was planning to go. He just wants to go home. While he walks these long rail road tracks, he keeps seeing these white human like figures everywhere. “What are those? Are they clouds?” The boy just keeps walking, and walking, and walking. It’s all just a blur. He also doesn't know why no one’s around.
It’s starting to look dark everywhere now. He’s trying to remember what the hell happened. All he remembers is getting on the train with someone to see a friend. Time goes by and he eventually sees his friend Sam. “Sam, where’s everyone?” “Kyle, you don’t remember what happened?” said Sam. “You and I were on our way to Mike’s house, and the train crashed”.
It all came back to Kyle now. Like a booming flashback. He remembers all the magical colorful dusts in the air, and when it choked out the train driver he passed out and crashed into the side of a building. The colors stayed there, then fairies started to fly. But they all left, including the dust.
Sam starts crying in anger. “We’re dead Kyle, okay! Those white figures you see are humans, and we’ll be like that too soon. The lucky ones turn into fairies.” You can’t do, eat, or anything like that to become a fairy. A fairy would had to kiss your nose before the crash to become one. And no one kissed us Kyle.
The two then became ghosts, still looking for a way home.