The Pyrokinetic | Teen Ink

The Pyrokinetic

March 26, 2015
By Leon.S BRONZE, McKinney, Texas
Leon.S BRONZE, McKinney, Texas
1 article 0 photos 3 comments

Prologue
In the land of Asinter, there is a valley with a little town, called Liok. It is named after the man who founded it. This story is about a boy named Sig and his brothers, Jake, and Freddi. In Asinter, some people has one of these abilities: Aerokinesis - The ability to control air or wind with your mind, this ability includes levitation. With this ability you can make whirlpools, accelerate the speed of wind, etc. Cryokinesis - To be able to freeze things in your hands and make your body or room temperature drop. Electrokinesis - To be able to take in and/or discharge electricity from your body. Geokinesis - The ability to control earth, like rocks and dirt with your mind. Hydrokinesis - Also called Aquakinesis is the ability to control water with your mind, creating false currents, ripples and use it as a weapon Telekinesis - Also called Psychokinesis is the ability to move objects with your mind. The rarest power was Pyrokinesis - the ability to create, dissipate, and control fire.

                                                              Chapter1

Sig was a pyrokinetic, Freddi was a geokinetic, and Jake was a electrokinetic. Kinetics were naturally mistrusted, because they were so rare. The people in Sig’s village were afraid of the power that Sig and his brothers possessed, so the adults did not let their kids play with them. They would have been lonely, if not for each other. One day, after a nasty confrontation with a kid which ended up with the kid getting his eyebrows burned off, Sig and his friends were climbing down from a tree, when they saw huge plumes of smoke rising from the village. They hurried down but they were too late. The village was burned to the ground. While Sig dispelled the last of the fires, Freddi and Jake went to go look for their mom in the ruins of their house, but they couldn't find her. After the fires were all put out Sig, Freddi, and Jake started combing through the village for survivors and stuff to salvage. They finally find someone with severe burns and cuts.

“Water, please I need water” the man rasped, smoke filled his lungs. Freddi nods and runs and grabs a canteen full of water and gives it to the man.

“Oh, thats better.” He took a deep, scratchy breath. “Listen up boys, because I don't got a lot of time.” And the man told how a troop of armed men came into the village looking for Sig, but couldn't find him. When the triplet’s mom refused to tell them where he was they arrested her and the leader, a man who had a huge burn on whole left side of his body burned the village down with pyrokinesis. The old man died of his wounds in Sigs arms.

The brothers had a small burial ritual for the man then heard hoof beats pounding the dirt, too many to be a concerned traveler who saw the smoke. When the small scouting party came into town the three men dismounted and separated. one walked into a room of the boys old house, got electrocuted and fell down unconscious. another stated sinking into the ground and got trapped then the earth moved him into the middle of town. The third got trapped between a cliff and a huge wall of fire, then felt something hard hit his head and went unconscious. When they woke up, they were all in a pit in the center of town. The scout looked up and saw three very angry faces.

“Where is our mother you slimy coward?” Sig demanded.

“Who?”

“The woman that you and your troop took prisoner”

“Oh, that woman? They are long gone, you’ll never catch up to them.”

“Where are they going?”

“To the capital Aelham.”

“Who was the pyrokinetic?”

“That was the general of Asinters army, General Faux. The only pyrokinetic in Asinter besides maybe the pyrokinetic we were here to find.”

“You’ve been helpful, so I won’t have my brother here bury you alive. Instead I’ll just leave you here without food and water…. hope you have good self control.”

“But you can’t just leave us here!” the scout protested

“I can and I will.”

Sig and Jake left but Freddi lingered around, feeling guilty about the scouts so he gave them some bread and water.

Chapter 2

Sig, Jake, and Freddi were entering a small town called Ater when a group  of soldiers came up to them. The brothers were getting ready for a fight but saw that the soldiers were drunk.

“Well what’s a bunch of kids doing here all alone?” one of the soldiers asked

“We aren’t kids, we’re old enough to handle ourselves.” Freddi said

“Oh ho? Look at little britches here, thinks he’s all grown up cause he has daddy’s horse!” Another soldier exclaimed

Sig was getting fed up with all the talk, “Look get outta our way or you’ll feel what it feels like to be burned to a crisp.” and flames started dancing at his fingertips.

“Now boys theres no reason to get antsy now we’ll just be leaving”

After the soldiers left the brothers went in the tavern and rented a room. They went in their room and started planning what they would do next.

“We should lay low for a while and get stronger so that we will be able to defeat Faux and free Mother.” Said Freddi.

“No we should attack now while they are weak from the journey” Jake argued.

“But we’re also weak from the journey” Freddi countered

“I say we move up and find a good place to rest and get stronger” said Sig

Both Freddi and Jake had to agree with that logic, and they slept through the night. The next morning they got ready, then left after a hearty breakfast prepared by the innkeeper's daughter. When the brothers were on the road they were attacked by bandits.

“Give up your valuables and we won’t have to stab you and leave you on the ground bleeding out.” said the leader

“You don’t wanna try” Sig smirked.

“Yes I do. What are you going to do about it?”

“This.” Said Sig with in a calm voice then sparked a fire underneath the bandits. After the fire died down there was not one person left standing. The brothers continued on their way towards the capital.


The author's comments:

THis is part 2 of 3 I'm working on part 2