PARALLELOGRAM | Teen Ink

PARALLELOGRAM

By Fugue BRONZE, Saratoga, California
Fugue BRONZE, Saratoga, California

P_^_R_^_1_1_E_1_0_6_R_^_M

“Remember. All you have to do is bring the case to the surface, open it, and follow the directions set inside.” They lowered me to the planet.

The tube opened, I was now on the surface of the planet, nicknamed PX. However something was not quite right. It was a bright sunny day, and I was ontop of what seemed to be like a hill, overlooking the...oh...my...is.it...no...it isn’t…...possible………..the Silicon Valley? Yes, the valley does look, almost...quite identical to the Silicon Valley of California. I overheard some talking coming from behind me. I couldn’t pick up the words, but it sounded a lot like Chinese, or I don’t know, some Asian language. I slowly turned, and realized that there were people surrounding me, some even taking photos with some ancient camera. I lay the suitcase down and slowly opened it. Now trust me, it is not easy opening a suitcase with an EVA suit on. Inside lay something unimaginable. A prism. Yah, that’s right, a prism. It was black, and very shiny too. It was a rectangular prism to clarify. I picked up the prism from the box and laid it beside me. Ok...now what do I do? I do...there is no instructions inside the box, and crazy, stupid...whatever...people are taking photos of me. What do I do? I stood up. I took the time to look at the rectangular prism, which was one foot in height.

He had a genious idea of kicking it. He was sweating now. The prism lay still on the dusty ground. He was alone, on a planet, stuck with a box, a prism, and a spacesuit (which he was wearing. He looked at his arm to see the outside temperature. It was seventy degrees celsius. He began sitting down, but then there was a loud sound and a vehicle, blue and white, pulled up in front of him. The man inside the vehicle was talking on the radio. The man exited the vehicle, put on a hat, and pointed a weapon at him. The man was yelling at him. A girl, of unknown age, came next to him, put an arm around his shoulder and held out a box, which had a mirror facing him. The box flashed, and the girl was gone. He was alone in front of the man. The man was nervous.
“Get down on the ground! I told you...get down on the ground!”
  Everything instantly turned black.
Mike stood there, in pitch darkness.
“God, uhhhhh, not again. Can you ever set that thing off correctly.” 
    Well, I screwed up.

Inspired by Philip K. Dick and Andy Weir, this is a set piece about what it would be like to......... 

on Mar. 27 2015 at 2:41 pm
DarastrixKamati BRONZE, Carrolls, Washington

“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”
― Jane Austen

What? This was... hard to follow. Are you still in space? Why do you keep switching tenses? But good way of writing. I liked your style.