The chosen one | Teen Ink

The chosen one

March 18, 2015
By Jackie.pv BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
Jackie.pv BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

I was there sitting on a wooden rustic chair in science class, desperately wanting the time to go faster. The time seemed to get slower as if, it was a snail trying to reach a mile. The room had gotten ice cold as if I was deep in Outer space. The teacher had stopped speaking as if she had seen a ghost or something. Everyone in the room was not moving a muscle, paralyzed it seemed. I looked around and saw it. It was there standing in the corner almost lifeless, it was a green as grass and as disgusting smelling as garbage. As I stood there admiring its presents I realized what it was, an ALIEN! It started walking closer to my direction.

“Please I mean you no harm” I said taking a few steps back.

“You are worthless to me ---- I come here seeking the all mighty one of this world” explain the alien as he pull out a photograph. And handed it to me.

I stood there taken back it didn’t understand why? How can I be the all mighty one when I didn’t even know it myself? My mother always told me there was something special about me, I just thought she met a great athletic or a great son. I would have never guess I was going to be chosen by aliens to be the all mighty human on Earth.  

“Are you done dilly dallying?---- take me to this person” He said getting annoyed 

"I am him" I said nervously. 

" This makes my job much easier " he said as he pulled out some kind of spray and I went out cold ... 

 

 

As much as I tried to get out i couldn't , even with all my strengths it was worthless to keep trying. I was trapped in some kind of lighting made chains. I knew this wasn't going to escape . I already had half my mind set on just not trying anymore and to stay with the aliens. That was until I over heard the captain telling the other aliens to hurry up with the human sacrifice, if they wanted to end all the illness in their home planet  they had to offer it as soon as possible. I  knew I had to get out my life depended on it . I was to young to die , I wasn't ready to die either.

"Come now , it's time" said the alien as he took me out of the chains.

" please don't kill me , I ---- " I yelled pledging for my life.

" we're not going to do anything to you " he said with a devilish smile on his face.

" I beg you , my mother would kill me if I don't get home in time for dinner" I said as I fixed my watch.

" oh shut up "

" I don't want to "

He then came running towards me , I knew I had to make a run for it . I run as fast as I could . Good thing Im on the cross country  team I told myself . I saw an exit , there was to time to put a suit on . He was already to close , i had to jump out .

" thank god you came " I said relived

" and you said the watch was silly " said my mother a she drove the ship back home.