The Magician's Stone chp. 7 | Teen Ink

The Magician's Stone chp. 7

February 28, 2015
By dizzywrite GOLD, Vienna, Virginia
dizzywrite GOLD, Vienna, Virginia
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If things are not going right... Go left.


Poseidon seized every chance to try persuade Odysseus to stop moving and reorganize his army. But whenever Poseidon knocked on the door of Odysseus’ quarters, Odysseus would turn around squeeze in between the bookshelf and the wall.

When Odysseus heard the knocks on the door, he tip-toed towards the window beside the door to see who was outside. When he saw that the person outside was not Poseidon, he finally relaxed and welcomed the person in. Odysseus sat down behind his desk.

The person was a messenger from “The Department of Information and Spying, In Honor of King Odysseus”. He saluted and said, “Your Majesty, our spies just sent information about the other two kingdoms, Fire Bay and Greenwoods Land.”

“Go on.” Odysseus leaned forward and rested his chin on his hand.

“This is for Fire Bay. Number one, King Frageus was informed about our quest. He decided to lead his troops to follow our army. Number two, the Fire Bay military department is raising money so they can provide extra supplies and weapons…”

“Wait a minute,” Odysseus tried to speak, but no words came out. The messenger stopped and looked up at Odysseus.

“Did you mean that Fire Bay is catching up with us?” Odysseus pushed himself up.

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

“And you did not tell me that until now?” Odysseus pounded the desk with his fist.

“Your Majesty, General Poseidon has been trying to inform you about it since last week.” Odysseus’ messenger looked down and fidgeted with his fingers.

Odysseus sat down heavily. “Uh… What about Greenwoods Land?”

“Number one, King Cynervus has sent his army to find the Magician’s Stone, following right behind the troops of Fire Bay—”

“Who were following us!” Odysseus exclaimed with disbelief.

His messenger stopped speaking and looked at his shoes.

“Well, I guess Poseidon was right about taking a break after all. We do need to take a break somewhere and reorganize the troops.” Odysseus slumped into the back of his chair, “You heard that? Go and tell Poseidon to stop and reorganize the army. We need to prepare to fight soon.” Odysseus told his messenger who was standing with his back against the wall.

“Yes, Your Majesty.” Odysseus’ messenger slipped out of the door, and walked away quickly.