Atok- The World | Teen Ink

Atok- The World

February 20, 2015
By bjc040197 GOLD, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
bjc040197 GOLD, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
14 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Upon the creation of Atok, Barku and Forax made a pact. Together, they would share this world and keep the balance of Light and Dark in check. They watched and helped create many things in this new world. Among them were beings known as the Lakara. The Lakara were a fair looking people who worshipped both Forax and Barku. Unlike the two great beings, the Lakara did not possess the powers of Light or Dark. Instead, they had the power of the elements. Asides from that, they were an ordinary people who could be just as evil as they were good.

The Lakara represented the middle ground between the two gods and each teached them considerably. Though both helped and teached the Lakara equally, the Lakara seemed to take more after Barku than Forax. This upset him. How could they rule equally when the balance was obviously shifting towards Barku?

Envious, Forax gathered his most loyal followers amongst the Lakara and led them to the northern mountains. Barku, although curious, did not think anything of it as Lakara began migrating north. These Lakara who went on this “Dark Migration” would be known as the “Dankon”, which meant “Dark Ones” in the Lakaran tongue.

Under Forax’s leadership, the Dankon made their homes in the dark tunnels and caves that ran throughout the northern mountains. They started building great fortresses and weapons and armor. Among these fortresses was Kalar, which would house the great Forax himself. In the shadows of the mountains called “The Shadowed Mountains”, Forax and his Dankon built a great army that, in Forax’s eyes, would restore the balance between Light and Dark. Unfortunately, Forax’s dark kingdom would only further his greed for power.


The author's comments:

Hello again everyone. I was very happy to have recieved the email telling me that my story was to be featured. So I have decided to post the second part to my Atok series. The world has been created and Barku and Forax agreed to rule this world and its people, the Lakara, equally. Forax however gets jealous and decides to take the rule for himself... I hope you guys enjoy and thank you for reading!