Here's Johnny | Teen Ink

Here's Johnny

February 10, 2015
By JoyceJoycie BRONZE, Toronto, Other
JoyceJoycie BRONZE, Toronto, Other
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you do it right, once is enough."


    Nilin silently crept through the tunnel to the bunker on which prowled the beast the leapers referred to as Johnny. The grimy sunlight funneling through the windows was just enough for her to see why the leapers feared the thing they called Johnny.

Standing at least four heads above Nilin, probably four times as much muscle as she had and an ashy grey complexion, Nilin instantly knew that she would not be forgetting about fighting Johnny for a long time. Suddenly, she saw some people rushing out of the tunnel and killing some leapers and she had no doubt that Johnny would crush them as easily as she would bend stalks of grass. Nilin turned away as soon as she heard the first scream but eventually, her body betrayed her and the few glances that she saw were enough to give her nightmares for the rest of her life.

As the last attacker slowly crumbled to the floor, Nilin decided to risk a look and when she did, she saw the oddest thing. Johnny was making a sort of bedding for one of the fallen leapers and hummed a sweet melody, one so innocent, it was hard to believe it came from that beast.

Nilin was just about to leave Johnny to his mourning when she accidentally kicked a metal can, alerting the attention of Johnny.
“You another one of them? YOU DIE!!!” Johnny screamed.
“Wait-” NIlin tried to say but Johnny didn’t give her the time to finish as he charged at her. Nilin barely had the time to dodge before he came at her with a flurry of neverending blows that she frantically fended off.

The fight had been going on for hours now and Nilin was starting to get angry but there was no way she could stop Johnny. But suddenly she had a flashback. Well, it’s worth a shot. Nilin thought. She was so caught up in her thinking that Johnny’s next blow barely missed her head and instead destroyed her carefully styled hair and turned it into a messy ruffle.

“ENOUGH!!!” Nilin screamed. She finally let rage take over and started striking blows on Johnny’s face, torso, back, leg, anywhere open and she finally saw Johnny slowing down. He’s fading! Nilin thought with glee as she redoubled. Finally, Johnny started to sway and before long, Johnny crumbled to the ground. Nilin grinned. At least I still got some of my skills. she thought. And as she walked out of the bunker, she said to no one in particular: “Score one for victory.”


The author's comments:

Again, the continuation of the retelling of Remember Me