The Silver Skeleton Key Part 2 | Teen Ink

The Silver Skeleton Key Part 2

January 22, 2015
By _EffortlesslyShnazzy_ PLATINUM, Ooltewah, Tennessee
_EffortlesslyShnazzy_ PLATINUM, Ooltewah, Tennessee
24 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"If I waited until I felt like writing, I'd never write at all."


A loud creaking sound alerted my senses and I turned my head, opening my eyes to find a tall, young, fair-skinned boy standing in the doorway with a plate of food and a cup of water juggled precariously in his hand. He shifted nervously from foot to foot, eyes cast to the ground. I watched his face as he silently creeped forward placing the plate and cup on the ground a few feet from me. The boy snatched his hand back as though he'd been burned when I reached for the cup, my throat parched and my lips dry. I drank the water thirstily, for it tasted like heaven, and dribbles of water ran over my dry lips and down my chin. Feeling refreshed I looked up to see the boy turning the leave.

Panic griped my heart at the thought of being alone again.

"Wait, please..where am I, and why have I been brought here?" I called out, my voice still raspy.

The boy stopped and slowly turned to face me, cautiously lifting his eyes to meet my red-rimmed ones. He didn't speak for a few seconds, as if contemplating how much to reveal to me.

When he spoke, his voice trembled slightly. "I can't give anything away directly or my master will surely find out . . . but I can tell you that you are hours away from where he took you and you have something that he wants. I don't know what it is, but I strongly suggest you give it to him . . . or you won't last long."  

His eyes darted to the bloodstains on the wall before he turned his attention back to me. He nodded toward the stains on the wall.

"That's the blood of others that were chained to these walls, others that couldn't or didn't give the master what he desired." He shuddered.

I shivered, my eyes widening at the thought. My guess wasn't that far off.

"I don't know what he wants either. He's been following me for months now and I still don't know what he wants with me . . . By the way, what's your name?"

"Wynn, my name is Wynn."


The author's comments:

This is the second part of the Silver Skeleton Key. I'll keep updating parts of the story.