Fallen | Teen Ink

Fallen

January 14, 2015
By SmartgirlX96 SILVER, Greensboro, North Carolina
SmartgirlX96 SILVER, Greensboro, North Carolina
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We are all stories in the end so make yours a good one"- Doctor Who #11


Prying open my eyes to a blurry watery mess, I couldn’t recall anything; who I was, where I was and how I got there. All I could recall or feel was pain; emotional pain, physical pain. I tried to move but was only met with a searing pain throughout my entire being; my whole body along with my mind and soul felt like they had been broken into billions of pieces. I cried out and dropped to the jutted rock imbedded ground, sufficiently digging the sharp surfaces into my flesh further. I bit down on my tongue to stop another cry from escaping; more than ever I wished I was still unconscious, that would have been a peaceful death, not this excruciating hell. I released my tongue from its bicuspid prison when I felt the wet trickle of crimson flow down my chin. I stared, pleading up at the sky, vacant futile cries written on my cracked bloodstained lips while my vision was engulfed with nothing but the pure glow of the moon. Its purity hurt somehow like I didn’t deserve it. It felt like it was burning holes into my sockets trying to blind me from its beauty, I wanted it to pierce my soul and cleanse me of my sins and impurities. I painstakingly craned my neck away from its sight blinking rapidly in an attempt to expunge the salt moisture from my eyes. I cursed when I felt the tear skid down my dirt coated cheek. I felt my emotions release and cascade down with it. Then that’s when I realized I was nothing more than an unwanted broken toy, discarded and left to rot in this hell. A sob breaks from my mouth and I start to openly weep. Tears gushing like ice droplets from my frost tinted vision. Ignoring the sharp pain I move to curl into myself like a child. As I cry over time my throat becomes raw and my eyes become crusty and dry. Being completely out of tears, I calm myself and take notice of my surroundings, uncurling myself as I attempt to sit up; now numb from a majority of the pain. I immediately regret leaving my childlike position as an excruciating frostbitten wind overcomes me and then I realize my lack of clothes. I quickly huddle up into myself in an attempt for warmth. Suddenly, I am filled with a white hot rage that I don’t completely understand and yet it feels right, feels stable, secure. I am angry, angry at the person who left me here to rot; even though I have no clue as to who they are but all I do know is that there is lots of anger, pain and sadness being projected towards that unknown entity and for some reason an odd form of love and nostalgia are mixed in with the other whirlwind of emotions as well. Those lingering, faint feelings just serve to fill me with more fire, more anger at myself; for my weakness. Why should I feel that way about the person who put me in this hell?! My anger towards them and myself starts to consume me and all I see is red as the flames engulf my entire being. I have a moment of clarity and realize I’m not cold anymore; I look around and really see the handy work of my rage. Nothing but flames, red and orange dancing together, everywhere I was surrounded even immersed in it and yet I did not feel pain or a burning, did not see my skin melt away like wax on a candle. It was as if the flames were a warm blanket, soothing and safe. They were a part of me, I felt at home and with my renewed confidence I stood with determination feeling no pain and started to trek through the dark green landscape the flames following me as I went. I eventually stopped near what appeared to be the abandoned remnants of a cabin. I took particular notice to the broken windows and its shattered glass pieces. Fragmented like my mind and soul, I gasped in shock and awe at what I saw next; a boy about the age of 17, dirt and blood coating his entirely bare, lean body, his ivory skin shining through like a jewel being uncovered in a coal mine. His handsome face was contorted with an ever burning scowl while his snow blue eyes reflected the flames glowing around him like an anti halo his long blond hair twirling in the wind like flames flickering. I was taken aback at the ungodly look of myself and instantly my face fell, my flames going down and out with it. After some time I calmed my breathing and went to search the cabin for clothes but not before I caught the sight of 2 long slanted gashes in my back healing on their own accord in the reflection.