wanting her dad | Teen Ink

wanting her dad

By jordan thurman BRONZE, Stockton, California
jordan thurman BRONZE, Stockton, California

“Goodnight munchkin” says Zathura’s dad.

“Goodnight daddy” says Zathura.
    Zathura wakes up the next morning.
“Goodmorning mom wheres dad” says Zathura.
“Goodmorning Z and i don't know he must of went to work early” says Alicia Z mom
“but he always tells me by before he goes to work” says Zathura.
“okay well he must of went to work early” says Alicia.
“ugh okay mom” says Zathura. 

For years later Zathura dad is still missing from that morning no one knows where he went and she really misses him like a lot. that the only thing she thinks of every day. sometimes she lets it get to her well most of the time she lets it get to her. No one knows what happened to him he went missing in action.

“I miss my dad” says Zathura.
“I miss him too he was such a good guy and he was really funny too” says Julien Zathura best friend.
“He was wasn't he!?!?!?” says Zathura.
“yes,yes he was”says Julien.

Julien is Zathuras best friend he has been her best friend for like ever ; however they been best friends since the 3rd grade. Julien has this big secret  that he hasn't told Zathura he knows it will hurt her feelings but some day it has to come out the secret that he hasn’t told her it’s  part of her life and for them being best friends i thought Julien would tell Zathura everything but this secret will like destroy her like such as her her feelings like a lot Zathura always thought something was wrong with julien but she didn't want to say . Julien and Zathura always hang out and they do everything together Zathura has this place in her house well its the attic her and Julien always go up there and watch movies and thats where zathura goes when she is mad at her mom or when she is just annoyed and needs some time alone.

Julien and zathura walk home from school and hang out all day.
“Okay julien time to go” says Alicia Zathuras mom.
“ok thanks for having me alicia” says Julien.

zathura walks out following julien but he didn't know that she was following him so as she was sneaking behind him she saw something that he did. He looked up at the sky and this flashing light took him up into the sky . she got so freaked out she ran out of there back home.
she didn't tell her mom what had happened. When you see weird flashing lights in the sky most the first thing that goes to your head is aliens. she just went to the attic and did some research on strange lights in the sky it was mostly about aliens but she doesn't want to believe that her best friend is an alien so it was like weird . she knew that julien was keeping a secret but she just didn't want to say . He always acted weird when they talked about his dad.

“ummmm………..Julien” says Zathura .
“yeah?” says Julien.
“i saw some strange things happen yesterday when you were leaving i saw these strange thing happen in the sky”Says Zathura.
“i don't know Zathura you must be seeing things because you you know your dad is gone in all” says Julien.
“JULIEN don't ever speak about my dad like that i thought you were going to be more supportive than that but i guess not and you're supposed to be my best friend julien your really weird now and i dont like it i dont like how you act towards me its not cool at all” says Zathura.
“well some people just need to talk to you about that because you always think you know it all you always think you have everything situated but you just need to stop and think you do not have your dad anymore he is never going to come back” says Julien.
“JULIEN he is my DAD i am never going to get over the fact that its my dad not some boyfriend and i try my hardest not to think of him and he is going to come back im done with you don't ever speak to me”says Zathura.

Julien gets so mad at zathura because he wants zathura for herself he doesn't want anybody to have her but him julien has issues. Julien big secret that he is hiding from zathura is that julien is an alien and he lives on a plant called sophur. julien is 189 years old but he still looks young because the aliens start ageing when they are 409 years old. Julien took zathuras dad to his home planet 4 years ago. zathura finally realizes that julien does have a secret that he's not telling her he starting to act really weird and sometimes she does think that he is an alien but she doesn't want to be called crazy.

“Hey zathura im sorry for how i acted” Julien says
“Its alright people just have their ways”says Zathura
“(Julien has no words for her comment)”

Zathura sees julien twitching then she ask julien what's wrong with you julien julien JULIEN !!!!. Julien snaches zathura and knocks her out stuffs her in a bag and takes her outer space. Zathura wakes up and she notices that she is not at her house she wakes up in a bed next to her dad but her dad is in a coma she yells at him DADDY DADDY WAKE UP ! She reads the medicine he is taking and know that she knows her dad is alive and he is in nacoma she is so relieved like her dad is alive but then julien walks in.
THE END ……..