The Pool Monster | Teen Ink

The Pool Monster

November 7, 2014
By Daughter_Of_Hades GOLD, Paragould, Arkansas
Daughter_Of_Hades GOLD, Paragould, Arkansas
12 articles 4 photos 1 comment

Today is the day little Johnny gets to go on a field trip. He is so excited to go; the school was taking them to a water park. But stories tell of a scary monster that lives at the bottom of the pool. Everyone is a little scared, but not Johnny, he said he was going to catch the monster and save everyone. Johnny had heard stories about the "Pool Monster" and knew exactly what to look for. They say it is a big green serpent that lives at the bottom of the pool, and whenever someone goes too deep, they don't come back up...
     When the school bus came to a stop, Johnny ran off the bus, eager to get inside. The teacher led them in the building and told them the safety rules. Johnny ran over to the biggest pool he could see.
    "Johnny?" A little girl asked, "What are you doing? You know the mean Monster lives in there!"
    "I'm going to catch the Monster and save everyone from it!" Johnny said with a huge grin on his face. "Don't worry, I'll get him good."
    The little girl ran off, and he looked into the pool. I don't see anything... He thought to himself. He put on his goggles and crawled into the pool. He looked under the water and saw something moving at the bottom. I found you Monster, there's no where you can hide from me now!
     There wasn't a single person who saw little Johnny again...