Magician's Stone chp. 5 | Teen Ink

Magician's Stone chp. 5

October 27, 2014
By dizzywrite GOLD, Vienna, Virginia
dizzywrite GOLD, Vienna, Virginia
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If things are not going right... Go left.


Odysseus paced in his room with his arms folded behind his back. Maps were stacked on his desk, pencils and rulers littering the floor. Rows of bookshelves were casually placed along the walls, with books pulled out halfway and pages falling off. Odysseus heard footsteps on the crunchy snow. He pulled open the door and found Poseidon about to knock.

Odysseus rushed behind his desk and sat down, pointing at a chair in front, signaling Poseidon to take a seat. “Reports from the army? How are the soldiers and officers doing?”

Poseidon tilted his head, and glanced down for a second. “Actually, I do not think they are doing very well.”

Odysseus frowned and stared out the window, just as a soldier dragged his feet across slowly, his head dropping to his chest. “What do you think we should do to help it, then?” Odysseus asked. He looked up at Poseidon.

“Hmm… I think we should find a place to stop and take a break, so the soldiers can lift up their spirits…”

“What about the Magician’s Stone?” Odysseus reminded.

“Your Majesty, I think we should not worry about the stone for right now. What we should do is to get the soldiers excited.” Poseidon said.

Odysseus shook his head, “We should move quickly, so we could grab the stone and return in triumph! Those soldiers should stop whining and push on to the end!” Odysseus jumped up, his chair rolling backwards.

“Your Majesty, to guarantee the efficiency of the execution of our plans, we must take a break first. It is the best way.” Poseidon looked sternly at Odysseus and folded his arms across his chest. Then, he reached into his pocket, searching. “And also—”

Odysseus’ eyebrows shot up, and he pounded the desk. “I’m telling you!” Odysseus shouted, “We will not wait, or else Frageus and Cynervus will take the stone as their own!” Odysseus gripped his fist and stomped out the door, his robes flying in the wind.

Poseidon stood quietly, pulling a note out of his pocket. He looked down to read it, and glanced out at the distant shape of Odysseus. “They’re already on their way,” he mumbled as he stepped out the room.