The Wendigo of Frederick Colorado | Teen Ink

The Wendigo of Frederick Colorado

By Sarah Vasquez BRONZE, Frederick, Colorado
Sarah Vasquez BRONZE, Frederick, Colorado

Now before I tell this tale, there is something you must know. The excavations of Frederick Colorado must never be entered because they hold a dark and terrible secret. They hold a monster that is more terrifying than your worst nightmares. But let us continue with a story of four teenagers who decide to stay in these mystifying mines.
Mario, Austin, Erik, and Celeste, on their yearly camping trip, decided that they wanted to take things differently. Every time they pass a collapsed mine tunnel on their journey. One that founded their small, rural town. Well this time, they decided to camp in the digg. As they neared, they heard something behind them. Stopping to see what was behind them, they saw nothing. But the one thing that they didn’t notice, and it’s very important, was that it was too quiet. Absolutely no sound whatsoever. Not even the twirping of the insects or birds.
They continued inside without realising that they were headed towards death As they entered, Mario screamed. When the three turned, they saw that he was gone. Frightened they ran, but as they ran, both Austin and Erik were heard screaming one right after the other. Terrified and fearing that she was next, Celeste ran back the way she came. But she accidentally made a wrong turn. Stumbling into a room, Celeste saw her three friends hanging from ropes. As she neared them hoping to set them free, she came upon the sight of their stomachs missing. It looked as if they were chewed on.
Celeste ran, screaming loudly. Just as she reached the entrance, something tore at her am. It was horrid. But she made it out and ran back home. No one dared to go there again. Some say the monster is still there, waiting.

The End?

I was inspired to write this story by my favorite television shows. This based off a creature that I believe is fictionally tied to my towns back story.