Drawing out the Future | Teen Ink

Drawing out the Future

October 10, 2014
By squirrelqueen1022 GOLD, Youngstown, Ohio
squirrelqueen1022 GOLD, Youngstown, Ohio
11 articles 2 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is never easy but the smart ones find ways to make it easier and strong ones keep moving forward.


Another school year has passed for us. James and I are still together and happy. Everyone seems to be good in school well except for Bridget who is still one year too young to be in it. Last year I had a school project on the Salem witch trials in Salem Massachusetts in 1692 and we all know how that ended up. This year I’m not going into the past. This time I will be going into the future. Since I was slightly late to class and you had to pick by 50 years instead of being able to pick 3rd I picked 6th and ended up with having a project about 300 years from now. After class James ran up to me he saw I looked a bit bummed and what was wrong. I told him all about my project I had to do as we walked to our last class. He didn’t say anything about it he stopped in front of me with a huge smile on his face and held up a pen. “Come on Lily you know last time helped you out so much on your project! So why not this time?” I know it wasn’t exactly cheating if I went into the future but I was still unsure if I wanted to do it all over again in a different time period. “James last time I did that I was almost killed and almost couldn’t get back. Why would I want that to happen again?” James stared at me with his head tilted he was expecting a whole different answer then the one I had given him. “True but this time you know you have to bring the pen! Do you really want to fail this project Lily?” I know I wouldn’t fail my project if I didn’t go into the future but I also knew I wouldn’t exactly get the grade I wanted either. “I’ll think about it.” I told him and those four small words were all he needed.
Later that night I was drawing what I thought a city would look like 300 years from now. Since drawing the place seemed the hardest out of the project I started that first. This time it was taking way longer than I thought it would. How am I supposed to know what a city will look like 300 years from now?! I dropped my head down on the desk in frustration trying to think of something anything at all I could draw. James came in and stood behind me he only said one word “pen”. I lifted my head up and turned to him seeing him smiling holding the pen and bottle of ink. At the moment I wanted to use it so badly. Even if I did though I needed to draw a room of some sort from the future. I looked at my nearly blank paper thinking of things people thought might be in the future. Then I thought the last time I went to a different time my clothes changed to blend in. This time I might not be as lucky. So I grabbed the pen and bottle of ink and started drawing a futuristic mall. To my surprise it didn’t take me long to do. I made sure to draw a sign with the date on it. Then it started. The drawing came to life. People were in it shopping and I actually heard them. I couldn’t make out what they were saying but I heard them. I grabbed my bag and put the pen, ink bottle and some paper in it.
James was next to me jumping up and down. He was so excited.  I guess I could see why. He lived far in the past then was brought 321 years into what I call the present and now he is going 300 years into the future. I grabbed James’s hand and put them in the drawing. I was glad I drew a mall because I looked at us and saw our clothes hadn’t changed. We ran into a store, we didn’t have to try anything on really we stood in front of a screen that scanned us to get our sizes and it gave each of us a white outfit. They fit and I realized it was literally all white. I had white boots, white long skinny jeans, a white tank top, and a long white jacket that went down to almost my ankles. I was also given a white long hand bag. I wasn’t sure James liked his outfit. Or at least just his pants. He had almost the same outfit as me. He was given white boots, white skinny jeans, a white long jacket, a white button down shirt with a white tie. The skinny jeans were his problem.
I looked around and everything was white and clean. Well mostly white of it was light pink, light blue and light colors. These people liked their light colors. The people though were dressed in bright colors even their hair was bright. I felt almost as if I was walking around in an anime TV show. If they looked like this to me I wonder what I looked like to them. I didn’t care enough though to make my face look like theirs. They looked so strange to me. It took us awhile to finally get out of the mall. When we walked outside the sudden smell of flowers hit me. Outside was a million times brighter and the weather was wonderful. Perfect temperature and a nice breeze and flowers at every street corner. Since the buildings were light colors the light from the sun made it hurt our eyes but they got used to them. James and I walked around the bright city since we had never been there; we were technically lost the entire time. It didn’t really matter though we were really just here to observe. Most of the cars were normal colors some even seemed to glow. They were in weird shapes and did weird things. Most of the buildings looked normal others were in strange shapes or just unusual to see a building in that shape. I wasn’t sure what to do James on the other hand kept trying to run into almost every door we walked past. I was getting tired of stopping him.
So we just held hands no one starred at us they minded their own business and walked and talked to whomever they knew. I know alleys aren’t usually the safest place to go in but it was shady and I wanted to sit down. To my surprise there was a bench in the alley it wasn’t new or white but still together. We sat down and not to long after we heard something. Us both being lazy we didn’t move. Then around the corner of the end of the alley. A guy walked out carrying trash bags. James and I looked at each other surprised he hadn’t done anything but we realized he hadn’t looked at us yet. He looked normal like our normal. He had sandy blonde hair with green streaks with bluish green eyes and wore jeans, sneakers, a white shirt and apron. After throwing away the trash he looked at us and slightly waved. The more he looked at us the more confused he looked. He starting walking away from us but then he stopped and jogged over to us. He held his hand out and said “Hi”. He was the first person to actually talk to us. “Hi what’s your name?” James asked standing up and shaking his hand. “Mark and you?” “I’m James and this is my girlfriend Lily.” Mark nodded his head and still looked confused. “You guys hungry?” That didn’t seem to be what he wanted to ask but he did. But now James and I were the confused ones. We didn’t answer just shrugged our shoulders and followed him. He took us to a little pizza parlor around the corner.
It wasn’t brightly colored like all the other buildings it was simply red white and black. It was a normal looking pizza parlor. “Sorry my parents are old fashioned. They find the past simpler and better.” I agree with his father it is simpler, this time is just confusing. His father was happy with what he had though. He had his family, his parlor and his wife working by his side. What more could he possibly ask for? We sat and ate it was nice I will say that. It was a small family business with the kids working, but there wasn’t much to do. Mark’s dad came over as happy as he was and asked “I haven’t seen you guys around. Where do you live?” We weren’t sure how to answer his question so we just said “Nowhere.” He had no response, we paid for the pizza and he walked away to talk to his wife. They both starting staring at us with concern all over their faces.
We were about to get up and leave when Marks father stopped us. “Stay.” He said to us. “Stay here with us. Since you have nowhere to go.” I was unsure about this because last time I stayed with a family I ended up bringing them home with me. “Alright we will stay.” James said giving Marks father his smile back. I didn’t say a word I just stared at James in shock. A couple hours went by and it was night time. We were sitting in the living room in silence, until James asked “So what are your guy’s names?” The family looked surprised that they hadn’t told us their names. We found out that the father’s name was Dave, his wife was Lisa they had three sons and two daughters. There was Josh, Mark, Amy, Danny, and Emily. I noticed Mark was the only one of Dave’s children that had 2 different colors in his hair, then we found out he was born with it. I didn’t understand how that was possible but I didn’t ask since it’s the future and I may not understand. They might not even understand.
They showed us the guest room we were going to stay in. We went to bed after the strangely bright day. I was surprised when I woke up it had only been one night last time I slept for a month in a different time period. We got up and put our clothes on from yesterday. Before we left we thought we’d take their trash out to be nice. A couple weeks went by and I grew to enjoy Mark and his family. We helped them out in the parlor at times other times they didn’t need it. So one day we just walked around and found another alley, we walked into it for the shade, and found a girl with black hair with blue and purple streaks she had something or someone in her arms wrapped in a blanket. We walked closer to her and saw she was holding someone the size of the child was maybe six or seven? She lifted her head up but wouldn’t look us in the eyes. “Who are you?” she asked us in a scared tone. We told her but it didn’t seem to be the answer she wanted. “I meant like are you the police or something?” “No we aren’t the police, just teenagers.” She seemed more at ease with our answer. “Who is in the blanket?” I asked moving closer to her. “He’s my little brother.” She said holding him tighter. I could hear him breathing so I knew he was alive. “Can you tell us your names?” James asked walking all the way over and sat in front of her trying to catch her eyes. Ever since what happened with his uncle if he is having a serious conversation he has to look you in the eyes. He won’t stop trying to look you in the eyes until he succeeds. “My brother’s name is Charlie.” It was a start getting at least one of their names. She moved the blanket somewhat and I could see his face he had brown hair with green small streaks he looked healthy just really tired. “Can I know your name now? Please?” James asked still trying to make eye contact with her. “Alex.” She said finally giving James eye contact. There was a sudden siren that made Alex jump; she was trying to figure out what direction the siren was coming from and if it was close or far away. James tried calming her down when we got her as calmed as she was going to get we walked her to the pizza parlor. I took Charlie and laid him on the bed. Alex sat down next to him “What’s going on?” I asked as I sat down. She started rocking back and forth crying as she looked out the window, we could still hear the sirens. “They’re coming for us.” She said in sobs. James and I looked at each other a little freaked out and confused. “Who’s coming for you?” James asked. “Their coming to take me and Charlie. They’re going to split us up. I can’t let them take him he is all I have.” She picked up Charlie and held him tight as she cried. What did she mean by he is all I have? I realized I said that instead of thinking it. But she actually answered. “Our parents died eight years ago in a car accident. Since then we’ve been hiding from police. I don’t want them to split us up.” I felt bad for her. When I went into the past James lost his family but he didn’t have anyone not one sibling left. Now in the future Alex has been left with only her little brother who she has to take care of. I could understand how she didn’t want to lose the only person she had left. “You won’t lose him we promise.” The words slipped out but I meant them. She got up and hugged me tight and whispered in my ear “Thank you.” As Charlie slept Alex took a shower and Amy gave her some clothes. They actually fit her. Alex gave Charlie a bath and put him in Danny’s clothes.
A couple days went by and Alex talked more, Charlie was a happy little boy despite not having much. During lunch Dave was telling us how the police were looking for a teen and a small boy. If anyone was hiding the kids the family was to be killed. They were of course talking about Alex and Charlie. They weren’t hiding technically they were sort of out in the open. The police were just too stupid to open their eyes. Everyone knew who the police were looking for, everyone but Dave. And we all decided to keep it that way. We kept our ears open for any information. Police started walking into every building and home looking for them. We didn’t worry much since they were still on the far half of the city.
A couple days later we were having a slow day at the parlor so we decided to walk around the city. James loved the idea because since day one he has been walking into every door and I have been stopping him. No one understood why James was so excited to be going into these places. I just told them he drank too much coffee and they seemed to believe that. It took me an hour to convince James to stop running into clothes stores, I saw no point every clothes store was full of screens. After I convinced him he stared at me with a straight face and slowly started walking backwards then he ran into another store. I was going to kill him if it was another clothes store but it wasn’t it was a toy store. I thought it would be better than the clothes stores. I was wrong. So very wrong. He played with and touched every single thing in the store. We were there for almost two hours I couldn’t stand it anymore. I walked outside and the sidewalks weren’t crowded the way they usually were. It was quiet and I enjoyed the silence. All these futuristic stores were giving me a headache though it was all too bright for me. Only place I could stand was Dave’s pizza parlor it wasn’t bright or shiny or futuristic it was normal. I’ve been here maybe two months and have only seen one normal store. All the outdoor smells were getting to me and making my stomach sick. Don’t those people know not everything needs a scent? I needed to find a store a normal store to get away from this stuff.
I started walking forgetting all about James and the others. I needed to get out of here I wasn’t a big fan of the future. I wasn’t paying attention to what store I was walking into. When I started paying attention I realized I had stumbled upon another somewhat normal store. It was a candy store. Shelf after shelf of candy and boxes on the walls of it. I died in the future and went to candy heaven. It was painted in black, red, blue, and purple. I loved it for the fact that it wasn’t blinding me. The lights weren’t even bright they were multi colored lights. The bulbs were red, green, blue, purple, and orange. I took my jacket off and put it near the window it was hot outside and I wanted to cool off. I started walking around and almost ran into a worker stocking candy. Well actually I did and he dropped the box of candy he had in his arms. I helped him pick it up. He looked bummed I wasn’t sure if he hated his job or he hated the fact that I ran into him. I apologized I don’t how many times he must of gotten tired of it because he grabbed my hands and looked me in the eyes and said “It’s okay you don’t have to keep apologizing.” Sorry.” After I said this he put his head down and smiled “Really?” he said chuckling at me.
We put the candy on the shelf and walked over to the register. The box read ‘Spray Paint Candy’ I said it confused. What in the world was spray paint candy? “Yeah want to try some?” I wasn’t sure I wanted to try something called spray paint candy but I nodded my head. He got a box cutter and sliced the top open and pulled out a can. He shook it and handed it to me as he put the others on the counter. I wasn’t sure what to do exactly to get it to spray. I tried pushing the top and twisting it. He put his hand on top of the can “You push the top like ….” As soon as he pressed it my shirt and paints had a huge purple circle on it. “I am so sorry...” He went to say my name but realized he didn’t know my name. ‘What’s your name?” he asked as he searched for a towel. “Lily and yours?” “Well I’m sorry about your clothes Lily. And my name is Jake.” He stopped looking for the towel figuring there was no point because it was stained anyways. “I have some clothes in the back if you want to wear those. Their uniforms for the store.” I looked at Jakes uniform; he was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, a pair of converse, a black hat and a black shirt with the candy’s store name on it in the corner and on the back. The clothes looked nice so I agreed to wear it. I walked out and he placed a black hat on my head it was just a plan beanie. He asked if I could stay behind the register while he put the cans on the shelf. I did, it didn’t seem like a busy place so it wasn’t a big deal.
I heard one of the cans go off, Jake came back over holding my jacket that he turned red “yours I’m guessing?” I put my hand on my mouth trying not to laugh as I shook my head. I threw away the jacket. When he was done he went into the back and came back with a black jacket with the candy store name on the back and handed it to me. I was thinking and wasn’t sure if he was clumsy or just had bad luck or maybe it was both. There was a sudden bell and the door opened I sat on the counter next to the register it was James and the others. I had totally forgotten all about them. James looked at me and Jake. James walked over to the counter and was standing behind me he pulled me backwards and gave me a kiss and then stared at Jake. Mark and Josh laughed under their breath and disappeared into the isles of candy. “What happened to your clothes?” James asked with a confused and irritated tone. “I got the spray paint candy on them and Jake gave me these. “Oh so your name is Jake.” James said in a somewhat sarcastic tone in his voice. “Yeah Jake this is my boyfriend James. James this is my new friend Jake.” Jake looked a bit bummed when the word boyfriend came out of my mouth. James started giving Jake a look that said ‘ha, nice try she’s mine.’ “Lily never mentioned she was walking around with you. I wonder why she walked away, now I guess I can see why.” Jake said putting a smirk on his face. These two weren’t going to get along. Jake started talking to Dave; he got to find out that Jake slept in the back room of the store. He decided to invite him to stay; Jake was grateful and told Dave he could fill a bag up with candy for free. Josh and Mark heard the words and took the bag from their father and disappeared once again in the isles. It took them two hours to fill the bag up; Jake still had to scan the items so the alarm wouldn’t go off. That took another thirty minutes. By the time he was done it was closing time.
Jake went in the back and grabbed his jacket and keys. He locked the register and the door. James decided that Jake was not allowed anywhere near me so I was on his left side while Jake was on his right. He didn’t say that he decided this he just made it very obvious. Jake, James and me were all quiet the whole way there. James wasn’t thrilled when he found out Jake would be sleeping in our room on the pull out couch. When it was time for bed James took my spot and more than half of the bed. So I had to sleep with Jake on the pull out couch because I was not sleeping on the floor. Neither of us could sleep though so we laid there talking. “Why didn’t you tell me you had a boyfriend?” Why did it matter that I didn’t tell him? “It never came up. What was I supposed to say ‘Hi I’m Lily I have a boyfriend’?” I know the last part may have been a bit harsh but what could I have said? “I don’t know Lily, drop some hints? Or just throw it out there maybe?” He sounded let down in a big way. “I’m sorry I just didn’t think it mattered I had a boyfriend to you.” It was quiet for a couple minutes until Jake asked “Why did you run away from James?” I wasn’t sure how to word it but my thoughts were why did he care that I had a boyfriend? “He kept walking into all these stores and it was bugging me. All the noise. So I went outside but the smells made me feel sick. I started walking and ended up in your store.” He asked and I answered truthfully. Jake was quiet. “I was dizzy and walking and then I ended up in the candy store. I didn’t exactly just pick it, it just happened.” I said explaining myself just a bit more. ‘Oh, so like fate?” “Fate to meet you? Is that what you mean?” “Yeah, that’s what I meant.” We were quiet unsure what to really say anymore. I felt Jake turn I wasn’t sure if he was turning to me or away from me. I found out when he kissed my cheek. “Good night.” I didn’t say it back because I was surprised from what he did. I turned my back on him and tried to go to sleep.
It took me hours, when I woke up I was the only one in the room. I heard arguing coming from the guest bedroom bathroom. I walked in to find James and Jake arguing. Why I had no idea. So I screamed and they stopped. I pushed them out of the bathroom and took a shower. I put on the clothes from the other day; Lisa had washed them for me. I walked out and found James and Jake staring at each other in silence. Why did they hate each other so bad? I didn’t feel like asking and hearing them yell at each other. But then again I was curious. And if I didn’t ask they’d just sit there and stare at each other in hatred. “Why do you guys hate each other so much?” they didn’t say a word all they did was point directly at me. “What?! What did I do to make you hate each other?” James broke his stare and silence and looked at me “You didn’t do anything. It’s just the fact that he likes you and might try to take you.” “So you are jealous?” I said in a slight confused tone. “No… I just don’t like him and the fact that he can take you.” I don’t think James fully understood what I meant by jealous. Or maybe he did and was being stubborn. “Yeah, Jealous. So Jake why do you hate James?”  I said turning towards him.
“He hates me and thinks just because I like you I’m going to try and steal you from him. You’re happy with him why would I ruin that?” “So you do like her?” James asked. “Did you not listen to a word I just said?” “Yes, I heard what you said.” James said walking over towards him. Jake and I had the same thought. We both thought he’d punch him. But he didn’t. He put his arm out for a hand shake. Jake thought it was a trap at first for him to flip him or something but he shook. Hopefully they wouldn’t fight anymore. Or just not as much. Dave told us how the police were getting closer towards the parlor. We got a little worried but not enough to let it show. Dave and the others started working and Jake left to the candy store. No one needed James and me to help. So we walked around the brightly blinding scented city. Almost everything worked the same way like it did in the past but at the same time it was completely different. I was getting sick of the future to be honest it made my stomach sick; my eyes hurt and gave me migraines. James’s high amount of excitement had gone down as well. He seemed bored with the place. We started walking on a new street and found a library. I figured it would be cool and I could sit down and possibly look up the people who I am staying with. We got in there and James found a bean bag chair and sat in that while I went on the computer. All I found for Dave’s kids were report cards, a couple of them had volunteer work, Mark won a couple contests, and sports stories about Josh. They seemed like normal children with normal lives. Dave and Lisa had old grades, marriage and child birth announcements and articles about the pizza parlor. This has to be one of the most normal, cheerful, helpful, family of all time. When I looked up Alex and Charlie I found an article about their parents and another about how the police were looking for them.
I was debating on looking up Jake but I was curious to why he stayed at the candy shop instead of with his family. So I did. I found grades and articles about him and his family. His father was a police officer who was killed on duty. His mother died of cancer about 10 years ago. He had three brothers and one sister. His sister drowned when she was three. His second oldest brother was a victim of a hit and run. His third oldest brother ‘fell’ down the stairs at school and broke his neck they weren’t sure if he fell or was pushed. Lastly his oldest brother died in war three months ago. Jake was left with the family candy store and that was all. Since he had the money to take care of himself and was turning 18 soon the children services and city court left him be. Jake lost his family one by one, having to deal with grief one after another unlike James who dealt with it all at once. I didn’t know which was worse losing your whole family at once and dealing with the grief all alone or losing your family one by one with them telling you it’s all going to get better and then that person dies and then one by one more alone then before. James and I both agreed that losing your whole family one by one in a short amount of time in between was way worse. I read all the articles and noticed that Jake was there for almost them all. For his father he was hiding behind something near his father. Apparently it was bring your son to work day. He was visiting his mother in the hospital when she died of cancer. He was next to his little sister when she died but couldn’t do anything because he couldn’t find her under the water. With his third oldest brother he was walking down the stairs in front of him when his brother fell down past him. His second oldest brother he was walking home with when he was hit. His oldest brother was the only one he didn’t see. James only heard his family die and saw Elizabeth, Jake saw them all but one.
I printed out the articles about his family and read them to James as we walked. His father’s name was Robert, his mother was Martha, sister was Mattie, his third oldest brother was Ryan, second oldest brother was Tyler and the oldest was Cody. When I finally stopped reading the articles we realized we had walked to Jake’s candy shop instead of Dave’s pizza parlor. We walked in to see Jake standing at the register doing paper work. He looked up at me I must have looked sad or something because he asked “Is something wrong Lily?” I didn’t know what to say without telling him I looked him up and found out about his family. So I stood there with my mouth open and blankly staring. His facial expression went from confused to thinking to possibly realizing that I knew something I wasn’t supposed to. “What is it that you know Lily?” I couldn’t look him in the eyes when I said “Nothing, what do you mean?” He took my hands and looked me in the eyes “I know you’re lying. What is it you know?” I didn’t know how to put it in words so I didn’t. I handed him the printed articles about his family. He skimmed through the papers and his face sank into sadness. “Why do you have these?” he asked in a hurt voice. “I found them when I looked you up online.” He looked as if he was going to laugh and cry but trying to hold in the tears “You shouldn’t have looked me up. You shouldn’t know anything about what happened.” “I just wanted to know more about you is all Jake I didn’t mean-““No if you wanted to know more about me you could of asked. And maybe I didn’t want you to know about my family, ever think of that?” I felt terrible and I wasn’t sure what to say all I could get out was “I’m sorry.” I felt a tear run down my cheek and James and I left.
Every day after that I drew a part of my room. And every day that passed Jake didn’t speak to me and the more terrible I felt. The police were getting closer and closer to the pizza parlor. I wasn’t sure if I should get into anything with anyone anymore. But that didn’t stop James from helping and caring he even worried about what might happen to Alex and Charlie. As we got ready for bed what he said was unbelievable. “Do you think we should bring them back with us?” I stared at him as if he was speaking a different language to me. “James we agreed we weren’t going to bring anyone back.” “I know we did but you can’t tell me that you aren’t at all attached to these people Lily!” He was right I was attached to every single one of them. If we did take them all it wouldn’t change our time at all either. “I’ll think about it, okay?” James shook his head and said “Not much time we heard the cops were a street over today. They will start at our street tomorrow morning.” I remembered hearing that but most not have been actually paying attention to it. “I’ll give you an answer in the morning.” He shook his head and took my answer and we went to bed.
When we woke up we heard slight pounding at the door downstairs. Dave’s kids, Lisa, Alex, Charlie, and Jake were all with us in the room. No sight of Dave at all. I went into the bathroom and got dressed in the candy store uniform. I came back out and went to look out the window but Josh stopped me. I guess Dave told them to stay away from the windows and be quiet. Dave ran into the room slamming the door behind him. “Anyone have any plans on how to get out of here without being seen?” As soon as the words left Dave’s mouth James turned his head and stared at me. I knew what he wanted me to do. “Lily, come on. We have too.” Everyone was confused and staring at me. “Do you guys know a way out?” Lisa asked. James and I looked at each other for a minute. I grabbed my bag and took out the drawing, pen and ink. “This no time for drawing!” Josh yelled. I finished the drawing and took a small box and dropped it into the drawing and it disappeared. They stared at this in disbelief. “Do you know why we had nowhere to go?” I asked them. They all shook their heads no at the same time with the same look on their face. “Because we don’t, not in this time period anyways.” Dave looked like he snapped back into reality. “You’re from the past correct?” James and I were surprised he guessed right. “Yeah, how did you know?” I asked. The family looked at us with smiles on their faces. “Well one, you guys aren’t used to the smell or the bright lights. You don’t know how anything works. With the simplest things you guys are amazed. Something just wasn’t right.” Amy said. Yes they were right but didn’t have to make us sound so stupid. “Okay… well raise your hand if you want to go into the past to live there and escape the police!” I cheerfully said raising my hand.
Everyone did too. Everyone but Jake. “Jake why don’t you want to go with us?” Jake looked around the room for a minute and then looked me in the eyes and said “Because it doesn’t matter where I go or what time period I’m in I’ll still be an orphan. I’ll still be all alone.” I walked up to him and put my hands on his shoulders “Jake you’re not going to be alone you’ll have us. Please come.” There was pounding on the bedroom door and yelling. James was getting the others into the drawing to our time, as I talked to Jake. I finally convinced him and we all got into the drawing and back into our time.
The look on Dave’s face was priceless. He looked like a little kid in a candy shop. He was so happy to be in the time period he cherished but never lived in. I wonder what might happen to Jakes candy shop but I guess it didn’t matter now. I guess it didn’t matter what time you lived in. The past or future, when you’re in a new place you will look around with amazement. Now they know how James and I felt. That night everyone slept on my floor. The next day they wanted to explore especially Dave and Lisa. They loved and when it was over for the day they were so tired they immediately fell asleep. As time went on I was surprised to learn that Dave was so prepared he had taken some money and took it with him I don’t know how much but enough to get a house down the street. He allowed Alex, Jake and Charlie to live with him. Those three finally had another family to call their own. It wasn’t going to replace the ones they had before but it was close.
As for my project I put it as it all came from my head. It took me awhile but I got it done. When I got it back I received an A. I was happy with what I got. I was also happy with my life. My life though is just amazingly unusual. I have learned something though going into the past and future. It doesn’t matter what time period you go to you will always meet that one sweet person with such a dark past to them. I’m glad I met James, Jake, Alex and Charlie they gave me a new view on life. They have truly changed my life in so many great ways. I know my future with them all is going to be interesting. The new view on life they’ve given me comes with a new lesson. The lesson I’ve learned that we all learn at some point in our life is don’t judge a book by its cover. Open the book and see what inside and you never know it may just change your life completely.


The author's comments:









 







Preferences
















§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 













 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'









\









 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 


















alt


















alt









 
















 







Preferences