Just another fantasy? | Teen Ink

Just another fantasy?

October 6, 2014
By Puppylover22 BRONZE, Evergreen, Colorado
Puppylover22 BRONZE, Evergreen, Colorado
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
You've got brains in your head feet in your shoes, you can stear yourself any direction you choose

-DR SUESS


The snow covered the ground like a blanket, a thick white one. Flakes fluttered down around me as I trudged through the snow. I grabbed my backpack tightly then continued into the forest.
                Two hours earlier
I got home from school and threw my backpack onto the floor, resisting the urge to stomp on it until it is flat, flat as a pancake. I was upset, sad and angry at the same time. School was horrible and my friends were mean to me, though I don't think they are my friends anymore. People just treated me like I was invisible, like I did not even exist. I wish people were always nice and that there was always a happy ending like my fairytales the ones my parents made up as I went to bed. That was before my dad died and my mom took on triple shifts at the hospital to get money for us. Suddenly the door opened mom was home.
“How was your day honey?” she asked. This was the first time she had asked me that for a while. I was about to reply, when her cell phone rang. “Sorry honey I have to take this” and she answered her phone.
“Yeah just ignore me, Im just as invisible to you as I am to everyone else. You dont care about me!” I shouted. I dont know why I yelled but I just had to let it out get all my anger out, though none of it was toward my mom. I kept yelling until she hung up and stared at me. A 11 year old girl with big fat tears in her eyes.
“Thanks a lot.” she replied “ that was a job offer for me one that would have me working less and getting paid more. But you blew it” She stormed off as I stood with my jaw open a loss for words. I ran up to my room my eyes blurred with tears. The day went from bad to worse.
I cried for an hour then packed. I decided I was leaving to a place I did not know yet. I packed my backpack and stared out the window as it began to snow. Then I left and went somewhere far away from home.
I ended up at the edge of the forest and I went in. Now I knew where I was going. I was finding the fairytale that my parents had always told me about, the one I wished I was in. I trudged further into a forest.  Further and further until there was nothing but the ghostly sound of the owls hooting and dreadful snaps of twigs that echoed around the forest, from creatures that lurked around me. I was scared and I know it showed.
Suddenly I saw a glow. It was faint and pale blue, like a star. It was coming toward me. Then I heard a voice.  It was so soft so light as if it was made of pure crystals that were beautifully faint and soft and they sparkled as she spoke. It was beautiful. Then I saw the body it belonged to. It was a woman no larger than a thimble who wore a light blue gown that flowed swiftly around her. She smiled.
“Hello, I am your fairy godmother” Her voice echoed like someones would if they were in a tunnel. Yet it was so much more wonderful. “Follow me” she said. I mindlessly followed. I cautiously and slowly walked through the woods.
The fairy godmother led me further until we reached a glass dome that elegantly surrounded a castle that seemed to be made out of crystals. “How is this real?” I asked.
“It isn't real” she quavered.
“How” I asked. I was quite surprised by her answer.
“We passed through a portal that separate fantasy from reality” she answered. “Halfway through the forest there was a glass-like wall that acted as a portal through the worlds. We can pass through easily, even unnoticably; it is harder to go back.”
  “What?” The fairy did not answer. Instead she began walking, well flying towards the castle. I had no choice but to follow. Well I had a choice but I felt an invisible force pushing me forward a force that made me calm and at ease. So I did follow and we did end up at the castle.
  A man greeted us at the gates. He was just like my fairy. Everyone there seemed so real: too real to be fantasy but to fantasy like to be real. It was odd.  The man, his name was Lazaro, led us down a hallway that never seemed to end; it ended. At the end was my room the room I was to stay in forever as they said.
                 I stayed there for a while, in that room. No one came to visit me or comfort me. No. Food appeared on my bed twice a day. It was lonely there, I was lonely. So I decided to leave the room, late at night when no one could see me.
I wandered through the never ending hallways until I saw a room that had a glowing light that flowed out the bottom of the door. I peeked in. There sat the blue fairy who was abnormally large. With her there was the man who led us to my room. They and a few others were  evilly hunched over a bubbling container of something. It scarily bubbled and they cackled as it went. Suddenly the door let off a loud creak as it opened when I mindlessly put my weight on it.
The people turned around and stared at me. For a second they seemed as surprised as I did but then one shouted “get her”.  Suddenly everyone leapt up and came towards me, whether they were flying or walking was a different story. Before I knew it I was running. Then a ball of fire shot by me, just missing me by a centimeter.
“Stop” I realised it was my ex-fairy godmother. I was relieved that she was on my side. “We need her alive to make our evil potion, so get her but be careful not to kill her while you're at it!” Now I was surprised. She had turned against me, she was not on my side, and she was trying to get me captured for a evil thing, what kind of fairy godmother does that. Not my fairy godmother or should I say my ex-fairy godmother (that was evil!).
  I ran out of the castle, surprisingly I was not stopped by guards. I kept running and running occasionally turning around to look at my followers. Now they were surrounded by a grey cloud that was spreading rapidly.
“Can't run forever” Lazaro shrieked evilly.” You will eventually run into the fantasy line  and only the one without any anger or fear  can pass through.” He cackled loudly then grew to what seemed to be two times his normal size. The fairy slapped Lazaro across the face and he screamed.
“Dont give her any ideas, dung brain!” she said.
  “I was not” he said. “Anyway she can't accomplish that without thinking happily and not being scared.”
“Lazaro! Just stop talking” The fairy shrieked and Lazaro did but it was too late, I already knew how to break through. So I ran head on and saw the golden glass wall that kept me from living a normal life, one without fairies that betray you and dark magic that is meant to destroy you. I ran but I couldn't break through. I fell flat on my back every time I tried. The fairy came closer along with everybody else and they laughed  and cackled like evil villains, I mean they were evil villians.  I thought and thought but the fear overpowered it. Then I stared at lazaro and his face twisted into a odd face.
This made me laugh happily and I buckled over. I laughed so hard that I fell backwards and fell through the barrier. I was still laughing when I finally broke through. I was back in my forest.
  I ran through the woods swiftly like I knew it; I did not. I finally emerged out, surprisingly it was still dark. It was as if the days I was missing never happened. I ran home. Faster and faster untill I ended up on the door step of my house. My mom opened the door. I watched as a wide grin spread across her face and she hugged me. A hug full of love and hope. Now I knew I was home.


The author's comments:

This reminds me of my avorite book series "the sisters grimm" The begginning though is my avorite!!

 
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
 
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
 
Return
 
 
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
 
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
 
 
English
 
 
alt
alt
 
 
Preferences